Message Boards Message Boards

Miscellaneous

Subtle Pulsing Sensation in the Head

Toggle
Subtle Pulsing Sensation in the Head
Answer
10/21/12 12:07 PM
Lately I've been experiencing a subtle pulsing sensation in the back of my head, behind my right ear. It does not hurt or anything and happens more when I'm meditating than doing daily life stuff. I feel it all day long too, though. It's just an interesting, repeated sensation that's happening often. Is anyone else experiencing this?

RE: Subtle Pulsing Sensation in the Head
Answer
10/21/12 9:10 PM as a reply to Josh Campbell.
Maybe your rightmost wisdom tooth on your bottom jaw is growing out?

Answer
10/22/12 11:53 AM as a reply to Josh Campbell.
Although I can't be sure, I don't think it's anything abnormal.
Probably it's just your awareness of the body growing (i.e. the sensation is always there, it's just a matter of you noticing or not).
I am quite fond of growing my body awareness, it's all sorts of useful.

What is your current practice?

Answer
10/25/12 7:29 PM as a reply to John P.
Thanks. It does seem like some kind of growing body awareness. My practice is pretty informal. I've been doing daily sitting practice a couple times a week for about three years. I've experienced a bunch of what appear to perceptual shifts in that time. In MCTB, Daniel describes Enlightenment as the growing awareness that what we normally call "I" is just a process of identification that we mistakenly believe to be who we really are. Well, I don't really believe it anymore, but am not sure how far my enlightenment has taken me or how much more there is to understand about the mind/body process.

The pulsing seems like a good thing, though, like when Daniel says, "reality is syncing with itself."