Minnesota

thumbnail
Mind over easy, modified 11 Years ago at 12/29/12 10:47 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 12/29/12 10:47 PM

Minnesota

I'm from the Minneapolis area. I'm just sending some feelers out, seeing who else is from this area.

Any good places to practice?

Any good teachers from around here?

Best coffee in Minneapolis?

Etc...

Greetings from the land of a(t least) ten thousand lakes!
thumbnail
Jane Laurel Carrington, modified 11 Years ago at 12/30/12 2:11 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 12/30/12 2:11 PM

RE: Minnesota

Well, how about that! I'm from Northfield, about 30 minutes south of here, and I can recommend Common Ground meditation center (2700 26th St.). The lead teacher is Mark Nunberg. He is not going to talk about path attainments, but he is open-minded and has done a lot of good for my practice. I recommend him highly. Another person who comes with Daniel's recommendation on this forum is Constance Casey. I got to know her on retreat last summer and like her very much.

Send me a message if you want to talk sometime.
John R Richardson, modified 11 Years ago at 12/31/12 8:15 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 12/31/12 8:14 AM

I live in Albertville MN and this is my first post. I found Daniel's book last summer and it has encouraged me to sit on a daily basis. I have the time available, so I can sit for about two hours most days. No real experiences to report, just letting the mind settle down, a little bit at a time until I attain access concentration. I have read the book twice now and am trying to become familiar with the jargon.

My background is in Gurdjieff work groups from many years ago and a few weekends at Zen Mountain Monestary in New York.
thumbnail
Steph S, modified 11 Years ago at 12/31/12 5:02 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 12/31/12 5:02 PM

It'd be about 8 hours away driving, but I'm moving to Indianapolis around the end of January because I got offered a job there. emoticon

Who else is in the general Midwest area? Illinois? Michigan? Maybe we could organize a DhO Midwest retreat!