Some calls for arahatship (A Survey).

thumbnail
Not Important, modified 11 Years ago at 1/2/13 2:50 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/2/13 2:49 AM

Some calls for arahatship (A Survey).

I've recently been contemplating the final goal and am curious to hear any reports or accounts of it. For me the goal is the elimination of the existential angst at the core of my very being, therefore I attempt to work with this angst. I can always imagine and contemplate the end goal, it seems to be a very satisfied feeling, after having exhausted all volition, I feel like one's heart and conscience can finally rest.

So my question to any arahats, or those who claim to have achieved "their goal" (I'm not too keen on the distinction between
4th path and AF and Canon arahatship) is thus:

Is there a feeling of satisfaction? Is there a feeling of finality? Can you discern "done is what needed to be done" or "there is
no further birth" or "there is no further becoming"? Are your spiritual faculties still intact? Are you still driven by some force?

Exactly how did you manifest your final attainment? Was it through meditation? (And if so what kind.) Which faculty of yours was the strongest? (Faith, Effort, Mindfulness, Concentration or Wisdom) Which faculty was your path? What are your thoughts on the feeling of remorse, and how would you work with it?

Also, did you feel a "pull" to move in a certain direction? Did you manifest the attainment by following that pull? And finally, did you set some ground rules for yourself (things that you would or would not do) during the process.

Thanks.

TLDR:

I kindly ask any arahat, 4th pather, AF flesh and blood body (etc) to kindly answer the following questions (if they so choose):

Also, did you feel a "pull" to move in a certain direction? Did you manifest the attainment by following that pull? And finally, did you set some ground rules for yourself (things that you would or would not do) during the process.

Many thanks.
thumbnail
Not Important, modified 11 Years ago at 1/4/13 2:03 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/4/13 2:03 AM

RE: Some calls for arahatship (A Survey).

Ba ba bump.
thumbnail
Sweet Nothing, modified 10 Years ago at 5/3/13 5:07 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/3/13 5:07 PM

RE: Some calls for arahatship (A Survey).

I'm no Arahant.

I feel you're simply having doubts about the path and seek reassurance from someone who has supposedly walked all the way to the end.
Personally, I feel that the existential angst is definitely addressed in the higher stages of Enlightenment.

However, we shouldn't really judge other people who claim to be enlightened or even shape our expectations according to their descriptions. Anything that is outside your experience will ultimately be translated by your mind into imaginary comprehension based on what you have experienced, and it will only delude you. The example of a blind man trying to understand what is blue color is an appropriate example.

If you understand your techniques scientifically then your doubts will be removed. Goenkaji recommends we stick to any one path for best results rather than alternating between different paths.

Once you know your path, just keep walking. If you take 1 step, you are 1 step closer to the goal. Few people who have worked earnestly, in the right way with a pure mind have achieved results which are more profound than what I have come across in this forum.

Breadcrumb