An Enlightened master should be able to transer Enlightenment, No?

racecar backwards, modified 11 Years ago at 1/15/13 7:54 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/15/13 7:54 PM

An Enlightened master should be able to transer Enlightenment, No?

In my opinion, an Enlightened Master should be able to transfer the "State" or "Understanding" of Enlightenment to another. I mean at the end of the day, everything is Nonlocal, all illusions seen through, anything is possible, etc ....so Why Not?

Here's a little Dzogchen support:
2) The White Silk Thread Vessel (Ch. baisixian mai ..., Tib. dar dkar skud pa) enclosed in the Kati Vessel and going through the Brahmå Cavity (Ch. fanxue ..., Tib. tshang bu). This is the path for the practice of transferring consciousness (Ch. powa ..., kaiding fa ..., Tib. ’pho ba);

Particularly the sentence concerning: "This is the path for the practice of transferring consciousness"

Anyway, in my own experience, I was once near a budding Vedanta teacher on a mini retreat, I, completely wrapped in mind and simply "there" to "listen", sat peacefully for the lessons of the day. The teacher leaned his forehead over to mine, and before he even said anything, the Center of Awareness lit up like a candle. What he even said, I don't personally remember, however it was quite a few times that this "lighting of the candle" happened with this particular teacher.

Which makes me wonder.... why not transferring Enlightenment?

On another note, I can recall another Nondual teacher who passed away not too long ago, Richard Rose, who supposedly had this ability as well.

Makes ya think aye?
thumbnail
Florian, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 6:15 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 6:15 AM

RE: An Enlightened master should be able to transer Enlightenment, No?

Hi Racecar, welcome to the Dharma Overground.

Here's an old thread about the subject - not to stifle discussion of this topic, but because that was a Really Good Thread.
Shaktipat, Transmission, Emptiness Vibes...

Have you experienced this effect yourself?

Cheers,
Florian
racecar backwards, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 12:24 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 12:24 PM

Florian Weps:
Hi Racecar, welcome to the Dharma Overground.

Here's an old thread about the subject - not to stifle discussion of this topic, but because that was a Really Good Thread.
Shaktipat, Transmission, Emptiness Vibes...

Have you experienced this effect yourself?

Cheers,
Florian

YEs I have experienced a certain degree of this mention in my original thread, just so much as the center of Awareness became bright like a candle.

Also I was once on retreat about 10 years ago with a Sufi master, and found that in sitting practice, my heart somewhat flowered and I also experienced various astral beings while there.

Other than those two, No I have not experienced transmission of full Emptiness, stream entry, or deeper aspects of enlightenment.

Thanks for the linked thread. Getting ready to check it out now
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 4:32 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 4:08 PM

racecar backwards:
In my opinion, an Enlightened Master should be able to transfer the "State" or "Understanding" of Enlightenment to another. I mean at the end of the day, everything is Nonlocal, all illusions seen through, anything is possible, etc ....so Why Not?

Here's a little Dzogchen support:
2) The White Silk Thread Vessel (Ch. baisixian mai ..., Tib. dar dkar skud pa) enclosed in the Kati Vessel and going through the Brahmå Cavity (Ch. fanxue ..., Tib. tshang bu). This is the path for the practice of transferring consciousness (Ch. powa ..., kaiding fa ..., Tib. ’pho ba);

Particularly the sentence concerning: "This is the path for the practice of transferring consciousness"

Anyway, in my own experience, I was once near a budding Vedanta teacher on a mini retreat, I, completely wrapped in mind and simply "there" to "listen", sat peacefully for the lessons of the day. The teacher leaned his forehead over to mine, and before he even said anything, the Center of Awareness lit up like a candle. What he even said, I don't personally remember, however it was quite a few times that this "lighting of the candle" happened with this particular teacher.

Which makes me wonder.... why not transferring Enlightenment?

On another note, I can recall another Nondual teacher who passed away not too long ago, Richard Rose, who supposedly had this ability as well.

Makes ya think aye?

Phowa is a practice to prepare for the moment of death, the transference of consciousness at the time of death, not from one person to another. Enlightenment is not a state. Dzogchen has a tradition of pointing out - a direct introduction/ to help recognise the nature of the mind.

There is the practice of Shaktipat the transference of spiritual energy from one person to another in shaivism, hindu (and prehaps christrianity under a different name)
thumbnail
Dannon F, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 4:12 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 4:12 PM

It depends on the student. The teacher can transfer enlightenment if the student is receptive and obscurations are low. It depends on if the student has understanding, strong desire for enlightenment, etc... However, if the student is invested in seeking, is invested in the false self, is invested in his opinions and conceptual ideas, etc... it can be impossible.
thumbnail
N A, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 5:14 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 5:14 PM

racecar backwards:
I mean at the end of the day, everything is Nonlocal, all illusions seen through, anything is possible, etc ....so Why Not?

what

Breadcrumb