Wondering about an experience. Spacious Unknowing Openness

racecar backwards, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 11:04 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 11:02 PM

Wondering about an experience. Spacious Unknowing Openness

Been through a 3 year dark night, various insights, ecstasies, third eye opened, electric nadi's, Awareness dropping vertically into an Ocean of Oneness (Atma Nadi) for a few brief seconds....

But this one is different. Been doing hardcore practice the last week or so. Anapanasati, Mindfulness, awareness aware of itself, etc...

Well the last few days, it's like getting hit with an open spacious deja vu like quality. It's usually when I'm doing something at work, or resting, or catching some brief news on the tube w/ breakfast, or particularly between the in-breath and out-breath ..

Anyway, best thing I can describe it as, is a very Spacious unknowingness, opening with Deja vu quality to it. I can't in anyway "know" what that is because it is ineffable, but it is definite and happening more and more. Can't put my finger on what you guys here on the boards would consider this, considering I'm new and have spent the last week reading a bunch of threads here, playing catch up on acronyms and over all definitions you guys use here.

Any takers on this one?

oops ......Also ...forgot to add, 'I' don't have any control over this ...it just sort of comes and goes as it pleases.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 11:34 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 11:31 PM

RE: Wondering about an experience. Spacious Unknowing Openness

It's good you realize you're in a dark night as that just means more practice to get out of it. The ecstasy and third eye stuff is just A&P, more sensations arising and passing so keep going and don't put too much stake into the ocean of oneness stuff, it's just more sensations.

Good that you're doing hardcore practice, it's great to follow the anapanasati instructions as-they-are, mindfulness is always good - try to do it more in your daily life - and awareness aware of itself, that is super powerful, that is the fast-track to enlightenment.

It sounds like you're hitting open-eye 5th jhana with the open spaciousness, the deja vu qualitiy hints at aspects of 6th jhana, but this all might be happening in A&P vs EQ as you mentioned it is related to the in & out-breaths which doesn't really apply to EQ. Either way it's just more sensations to notice the 3Cs of.

This stuff is ineffable in that you have to experience it to know it but still there's the experience so it can be known, at least to you, and someone who also has experienced it can recognize it if both parties are flexible with their terminology.

Good to realize 'you' don't have any control over this, that's just the no-self aspect of the whole thing.

Overall just keep practicing and things will keep happening and at some point you might even blank out totally for a moment which shows you just what the true nature of reality/your 'self' really is.
racecar backwards, modified 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 11:36 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/16/13 11:35 PM

Hey,
Thanks for the quick reply. Really was fast!!!!!

Ok great, so there is possibly a name to this, open eye 5th jhana ...possibly. Cool.

Other than that, that's also what I figured ....keep going w/ the practice.....

Also w/ the DN, it lasted 3 years, but the way I got out of it, was just to allow everything to "Be" and try NOT to get out of ...acceptance. After the DN, there has just been dispassion & detachment, albeit those two themselves have different depths and degrees as well.

Anyway, a huge thanks and thumbs up
Peace!!!!!
thumbnail
Fitter Stoke, modified 11 Years ago at 1/18/13 8:15 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/18/13 8:15 AM

racecar backwards:
Been through a 3 year dark night, various insights, ecstasies, third eye opened, electric nadi's, Awareness dropping vertically into an Ocean of Oneness (Atma Nadi) for a few brief seconds....

But this one is different. Been doing hardcore practice the last week or so. Anapanasati, Mindfulness, awareness aware of itself, etc...

Well the last few days, it's like getting hit with an open spacious deja vu like quality. It's usually when I'm doing something at work, or resting, or catching some brief news on the tube w/ breakfast, or particularly between the in-breath and out-breath ..

Anyway, best thing I can describe it as, is a very Spacious unknowingness, opening with Deja vu quality to it. I can't in anyway "know" what that is because it is ineffable, but it is definite and happening more and more. Can't put my finger on what you guys here on the boards would consider this, considering I'm new and have spent the last week reading a bunch of threads here, playing catch up on acronyms and over all definitions you guys use here.

Any takers on this one?

oops ......Also ...forgot to add, 'I' don't have any control over this ...it just sort of comes and goes as it pleases.

It sounds like you're just stringing words together.
racecar backwards, modified 11 Years ago at 1/18/13 2:46 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/18/13 2:46 PM

It sounds like you're just stringing words together.

Is there any other way to communicate, other than to string words together?

Did you have an opinion on what this experience is?

Breadcrumb