Change A, modified 8 Years ago at 6/17/15 1:12 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/20/13 8:28 PM

Muscular spasms/contractions/tightness, suffering, and relief

Muscular spasms/contractions/tightness, suffering, and relief
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 1/21/13 2:11 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/21/13 2:05 AM

RE: Muscular spasms/contractions/tightness, suffering, and relief

All of this makes perfect sense to me, though I have no experience of the second example.

Some points that may relate from my own experience:

• Muscular tension has held in the body even though the mind has calmed down dramatically over the last 2yrs
  • Yoga stretches is helping this, but I've only just started to work seriously on problem areas (neck/shoulders/hips)
  • If the body is unwell, the mind follows --this is most notable in that whenever Im sick it's almost impossible to break out of the DN during meditation. You could perhaps argue this the other way around, but it doesn't seem that a tense mind is causing common colds / viruses etc.

I was reading about Prana yesterday, and in particular Kirlian photography which seems to capture Prana on film, though in science they call it Bioplasmic energy. Apparently you can see dramatic changes in prana between sick and healthy organisms and even predict disease as localised pranic disruption appears to precede physical illness in the body. So with that in mind Im adding pranayama practices for the first time. Too early to have anything to say about it, but it seems like pretty interesting stuff as my own perception of energies in the body seems pretty good. And I'd be interested in seeing if I can exercise any control over them.

Breadcrumb