Frequency (Hz) meter?

thumbnail
C Wilson, modified 11 Years ago at 1/26/13 9:15 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/26/13 9:15 PM

Frequency (Hz) meter?

I see a lot of reference to specific frequency rates in these circles. Can anyone recommend a good online resource or app that provides a reference point? I've googled and found blinking lights of only a few certain frequencies.

I'm able to tell fast, medium, slow well enough on my own, but I'm curious how others are coming up with specific numbers.

Thanks!
thumbnail
Mind over easy, modified 11 Years ago at 2/14/13 8:36 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/14/13 8:36 PM

RE: Frequency (Hz) meter?

MoodLight

I used to use this a while back. I would speed it up until I was having trouble noting the change, and try to push the limit. I switched the colors just to alternate between black and white, although for an added reference point, you could change it up, like black-white-green-white-black-etc... I'm sure you've figured it out, but times/second=hZ.

It's a decent tool to see how fast you're noting at, although it's a little bland. I find that noting feels more natural and quick when using a more choiceless style, where you have attention jumping from sights/sounds/smells/tastes/touch/thoughts/feelings freely.
thumbnail
Mind over easy, modified 11 Years ago at 2/14/13 9:09 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/14/13 9:09 PM

RE: Frequency (Hz) meter?

Another thing to try would be to get a clock that ticks every second, and see how many times you can note before the next tick. Or look at a digital clock with second display and do the same.

Breadcrumb