2nd path during sleep?

thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 11 Years ago at 2/27/13 3:59 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/27/13 3:59 PM

2nd path during sleep?

Need some advise.
I may have gotten 2nd path during sleep. I woke up and it seemed like a fruition. I asked myself "hey, was that a fruition? Did I get path? hmmmm" then I went back to sleep. Next day is the usual enlightened experiences but I can't get a follow up fruition. My concentration is fabulous now and quick but the nanas are not doing themselves and I'm not able to get anywhere while meditating as it seems like i'm already there. I tried the eye flutter thing at 4th jhana but no fruit.
Any advise to trigger followup fruition from someone who's been there would be most appreciated.
Thanks
thumbnail
Joshua, the solitary, modified 11 Years ago at 2/27/13 4:35 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/27/13 4:35 PM

RE: 2nd path during sleep?

Maybe you just slipped to a&p nana while sleeping? 2nd path a&p does give a big increase in clarity.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 11 Years ago at 2/27/13 7:15 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/27/13 7:15 PM

My daily practice has been low and high EQ for the last month or so....I've passed thru a&p several times and this is not it. If I had a sauna handy I'd try my old 1st path trick to trigger fruition. It could be a near miss but I don't know much about that.
thumbnail
Superkatze one, modified 11 Years ago at 3/3/13 3:44 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 3/1/13 11:56 AM

dream walker:
My daily practice has been low and high EQ for the last month or so....I've passed thru a&p several times and this is not it. If I had a sauna handy I'd try my old 1st path trick to trigger fruition. It could be a near miss but I don't know much about that.

please explain your sauna trick to me because i have one of those at home emoticon
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 11 Years ago at 3/2/13 1:19 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 3/2/13 1:19 PM

Sauna trick / sweat lodge -
I start with walking meditation to get into a concentrated state then sit in the sauna. Focus on breath until you get as far up the jhanas you can go easily. Shift from breath as object to heat as object. Feel any varience in the intensity of the heat as you observe it with all your attention. Feel the heat arise and pass away (This is slow for me it builds for like 2 - 3 seconds then passes away quicker like 1-2 seconds. When it passes your left with a fading nothingness. Heat arises and passes away again. nothingness again, after a couple of cycles of this ...WHAM. Yer gone. You experience coming back, in breath and the bliss wave.
Get out of sauna before you cook.
Be careful to set a time limit to the fruition.
You really can cook yourself.
If your not post stream entry do not expect this to necessarily work. I just stumbled upon this at the gym before I worked out and made it part of my regular workout routine til I resolved to work on second path. I really miss the post fruition workout....was great.
Good luck SuperKatze
~D
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 11 Years ago at 3/3/13 3:42 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 3/3/13 3:42 PM

Alright,
I've given it a couple days and now here is my dilemma. I have meditated daily since the event and I have had a few moments that I've either nodded off to sleep or I had a fruition without anything afterwards for me to identify. The usual enlightened things are still occurring.
QUESTION - Are second path fruitions the same as 1st path with a bliss wave afterwards or is it just a clear regaining of consciousness without any followup? I really don't want to fool myself into scripting nodding off into sleep might be a fruition.
Thanks,
~D
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 11 Years ago at 3/6/13 5:51 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 3/6/13 5:51 PM

Update
last night I woke up at almost 3 am and did some following of the breath for a minute or so. I didn't recall falling asleep or anything but then woke back up very quickly with no recall of sleep. I did not exactly get a bliss wave that I recognize but something else that was more complected and layered. I do not have a description of how it was besides fast and layered and weird.
I
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks,
~D
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 11 Years ago at 3/8/13 8:22 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 3/8/13 8:22 PM

I'm still waking up late at night but now I get too excited and get in my own way. I also meditate and get to 4th jhana then blip out but it is so subtle compared to the big bliss wave 1st path fruition that I have no idea whats happening yet. The whole territory of my meditation is kinda new. I'm back from vacation so I got to try the sauna at the gym. Nice as always to meditate in the heat but no fruition that I'm used to. Hmmm, it would be nice to know where I'm at; but really not necessary since there is plenty more mountain to climb.

Breadcrumb