Bukujutsu? Visible Jing balls and Blasts?

sohil shrenik nanavati, modified 10 Years ago at 5/9/13 6:51 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 4/27/13 9:39 PM

Bukujutsu? Visible Jing balls and Blasts?

Has anyone had success with mediation leading to mastering bukujustu (flight) or energy/jing/ki manipulation? Specifically making visible and physically existing energy maybe even forming solid jing balls? one is supposed to need an open kundalini to do this, and I most certainly dont.

thank you for any feedback!
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 1:39 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 1:39 AM

RE: Bukujutsu? Visible Jing balls and Blasts?

Blue (Fred Murumaa please message me!!) .:
I can see the future short-term, medium term, and long time, read people's minds, I have a universe google that tells me anything, and I can level a room with metta... but flying, a little out of my league

What does your universal google tell you about what i'm thinking?

Nick
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 2:03 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 2:03 AM

It just woke me out of bed and said to not talk about siddhis.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 2:56 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 2:56 AM

It just woke me out of bed and said to not talk about siddhis.

Best to Back claims up with phenomenological descriptions where others dont simply take your word for it, not that people will automatically do that here. i certainly dont.

Nick
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 8:34 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 4/29/13 8:34 PM

What do you want? Descriptions of what happened last night or description of the siddhis
M N, modified 10 Years ago at 4/30/13 2:29 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 4/30/13 2:27 AM

Something like that... in a previous thread I posted about strange energy stuff, didn'tmention this part, but balls flowing into mybody,sometimes "normal", sometimes golden,sometimes bigger and sometimes smaller are pretty much normal. However, I can't really talk about mastery over the thing, it is happening spontaneously, I'm not really looking for theese stuff, nor do I have any energetic background theory....
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 4/30/13 9:17 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 4/30/13 9:14 PM

I make all my decisions (little and big) basically off of a feeling I get. It's like a button my mind presses right before I make each decision and it gives me a positive or negative feeling usually along with a visual which provides additional information on top of the yes or no. I make almost no decisions based off of "logic" anymore. The conscious mind has a miniscule fraction of the power of the subconscious
Jason , modified 10 Years ago at 5/1/13 8:50 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/1/13 8:50 AM

I make all my decisions (little and big) basically off of a feeling I get. It's like a button my mind presses right before I make each decision and it gives me a positive or negative feeling usually along with a visual which provides additional information on top of the yes or no. I make almost no decisions based off of "logic" anymore. The conscious mind has a miniscule fraction of the power of the subconscious

I notice something like this happening a lot lately. The moment of indecision over something banal - what to eat? - or something that might normally elicit resistance - time to exercise? - usually prompts a stream of more or less anguished thinking, thinking, thinking. Now, a picture pops into my head and I just do that, usually with pleasing results. It's a big relief. I don't think it's a psychic phenomenon in any way. It's just the brain in its normal functioning but more efficiently. I'm not noticing anything similar in more complex activities.
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 5/12/13 12:28 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/12/13 12:28 PM

Nikolai, FYI I have no control over the siddhis and they act entirely on their own. If a professional basketball player or martial artist had to consciously control the things they do they would become much weaker. The computing power of the subconscious is orders higher than the conscious.

This may change in the future, Goenka sticks his hand out and shoots it ect, but my mind/body system is optimized for travel as it has been for years now, everything extra is cut. When I'm done might be a different story.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 5/12/13 4:38 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/12/13 4:28 PM

Nikolai, FYI I have no control over the siddhis and they act entirely on their own. If a professional basketball player or martial artiist had to consciously control the things they do they would become much weaker. The computing power of the subconscious is orders higher than the conscious.

This may change in the future, Goenka sticks his hand out and shoots it ect, but my mind/body system is optimized for travel as it has been for years now, everything extra is cut. When I'm done might be a different

Detailed Phenomenological description of the concept of 'siddhi' from your own experience? The mind is a powerful playground for projections. I dont know what you mean by your use of the word 'siddhi'. Didn't you decide not to talk openly about such things via your universal google or is this such a pressing matter to convince me of? Do you wish me (and other readers) to project imagined ideas of it onto you? Phenomenological descriptions would avoid this. How does one know goenka shoots metta out of his hands (ive been around him when he has his hand out like so) or whether one is projecting the sense of receving metta? How does one truly know if one is fabricating the supposed results oneself or not? The mental projection of goenka being who he was in my head at the time could have triggered a mentallly projected scenario of 'recieving metta' with all the physical signs to boot to back the idea up. A placebo effect in a sense. How do we know for sure of such 'powers'? Perhaps fertile ground to explore such fabricated 'wonders'?

When your done? I thought you had already claimed 'doneness'.

Nick
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 5/14/13 10:13 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/14/13 9:55 PM

How does one know goenka shoots metta out of his hands (ive been around him when he has his hand out like so) or whether one is projecting the sense of receving metta? How does one truly know if one is fabricating the supposed results oneself or not? The mental projection of goenka being who he was in my head at the time could have triggered a mentallly projected scenario of 'recieving metta' with all the physical signs to boot to back the idea up. A placebo effect in a sense. How do we know for sure of such 'powers'?

Are you serious?

“When your done? I thought you had already claimed 'doneness'.”

About a year ago, the first time we ever talked, I was talking about the later paths. You questioned me and asked for phenemological descriptions. I told you I wanted to wait before I was done to talk seriously about dhamma. I didn’t have the volition to say anything so it wouldn’t have done any good regardless on an actual energetic level. More recently we had conversation on skype where this was reiterated. Not sure why you're confused

btw what precisely is a phenomological description
sohil shrenik nanavati, modified 10 Years ago at 5/15/13 11:12 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/15/13 11:12 PM

hi! im sorry but are you saying goenka could fire jing? this is of a lot of interest. Energy manipulation is popular topic on the mysterious side of the web and I wonder if attempting such a practice is worthwhile.
thumbnail
Sweet Nothing, modified 10 Years ago at 5/16/13 7:21 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/16/13 7:21 AM

sohil shrenik nanavati:
hi! im sorry but are you saying goenka could fire jing? this is of a lot of interest. Energy manipulation is popular topic on the mysterious side of the web and I wonder if attempting such a practice is worthwhile.

Hi,

Goenkaji is not Goku. He doesn't fire anything.

Metta is a field of subtle positive vibrations generated from wishing the highest good for all beings and sharing your spiritual gains with all beings. Vipassana meditation takes us deeper into our subconscious mind, and generating Metta from those depths is very powerful. Anyone can give Metta, even someone who has never meditated, but this Metta will not be as powerful because its from the surface level of the mind.

As for position, it does not really matter. It is simply an ancient tradition in India that whenever an elder/saint/teacher gives blessing, they hold out their palm towards the receiver. This does not mean energy is being channeled through the physical hand. The Metta is generated from the mind and it flows boundlessly in all directions regardless of physical posture. Birds and Plants are more sensitive towards it (personal experiences).

As for "Receiving Metta", I dont think Metta can be felt directly in the form of a physical soothing sensation. It simply helps us at a very deep level and gives us strength to become more established in Dharma. It is usually the person giving the Metta who directly feels the calm, peace and compassion.

Once when I was in Singapore, I fell around 8-10 times Ice Skating and couldn't straighten my hand. I couldn't afford 40$ for an X Ray and 100$ for treatment, so my Guide took me to a local Chinese "energy" therapist. He did his stuff, pressed some points, did some massage/limb manipulation/energy stuff and at the end he just pulled my hand straight which was painless and completely fixed me. Overall the energy stuff may be useful in some cases but aiming for Enlightenment is countless times more beneficial. I wont say its worthwhile but If you attempt to go in the energy direction let us know how it goes.
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 5/16/13 5:49 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/16/13 5:49 PM

You criticize me about mentioning siddhis. One of the big things I have learned from dhamma during the past couple months is to not be so good. I was venting. It is actually a minor infraction of sila not to vent. Holding back too much has a fear based volitional root.

Another time you criticize me when I said my mind still wanders after paths occur. In reality the purer you get the more perfect everything you do becomes. Mind wandering has several important functions. It prepares you to deliver words/actions in the future, meaning it generates the volitional roots that will come out in the future. Not everything can be winged so this preparation can be important. On top of that mind wandering is an important way your mind chooses how to distribute merit so that things you want come true.

There is another important reason for mind wandering but but my point is not to criticize me. You have said and done two very sharp things to me in the past and I suggest you not do it again.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 5/18/13 5:38 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/17/13 12:39 AM

Blue .:
You criticize me about mentioning siddhis. One of the big things I have learned from dhamma during the past couple months is to not be so good. I was venting. It is actually a minor infraction of sila not to vent. Holding back too much has a fear based volitional root.

Another time you criticize me when I said my mind still wanders after paths occur. In reality the purer you get the more perfect everything you do becomes. Mind wandering has several important functions. It prepares you to deliver words/actions in the future, meaning it generates the volitional roots that will come out in the future. Not everything can be winged so this preparation can be important. On top of that mind wandering is an important way your mind chooses how to distribute merit so that things you want come true.

There is another important reason for mind wandering but but my point is not to criticize me. You have said and done two very sharp things to me in the past and I suggest you not do it again.

Ok.You do what you feel important. I have no desire to continue these back and forths if questions about phenomenological descriptions are avoided. Phenomenological descriptions is what has been asked for and none have been given yet of what a 'siddhi' entails in your own experience. Do you expect such claims to go unquestioned at the DhO? Having hung around here long enough, one should know what phenomenological descriptions look like. They mean bare detailed descriptions of how such experiences manifest within one's own mind and body i.e. sensations? visuals? feelings? images? sensory input? Which sense door was dominated? Which sense object dominated? What thought or beliefs or views were attached? Other mental and physical components? The bare bones without any mental projection/concept assigned i.e. "this is the siddhi of reading thoughts" etc. How does such an experience manifest within the field of experience? Details? How does one truly know if this is the case? If you wish to openly claim siddhis but avoid such detailed descriptions in such a pragmatic forum as the DhO, something is amiss in my books. You are not beyond criticism and questioning, mate. Neither am I, neither is Daniel either. Nobody is here.

Concerning the wandering mind, when and where did I criticise you and what exactly do you mean when you use that term, 'wandering mind'? Define it for me.
Here is an interesting study on the default mode network supposedly linked to a wandering mind and self referential thoughts where the practice of metta seemed to have deactivated the 'wandering mind' aspect of the default mode network in experienced meditators. And another paper on the wandering mind being an 'unhappy mind'.
Nick
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 5/20/13 8:42 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/20/13 8:42 PM

At this point I might say that a wandering mind is a mind that has any thoughts what so ever. But what I should call mind wandering is more like what people call day dreaming. What I was trying to communicate that this is actually not a bug with the meditator but rather the mind wandering serves an important purpose.

You wanted the link to where we briefly talking about mind wandering. I should add that this is not one of the times I am talking about when I said you were acting sharp.

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/-/message_boards/message/3552895

Lastly, we both agree siddhis aren't a spectacular idea to talk about I was simply venting. I have some arrogance right now, but the root of that is low self esteem due to some real life/dhamma issues.

Anyway, universal google... the most important example of it happened to me the other day. I was driving and did a risky move and stopped in the area between a highway lane and an off ramp. I was about to go but then I got a pretty strong aversion feeling accompanied by a dim simple visual, just brief shapes with a background of darkness. This is usually how it works out feeling pushing me away (negative feeling) or pulling me to do (positive feeling). I also usually get a weak visual like I said before.

Breadcrumb