Party tricks - heart rate control, temperature control, pupil dilation

Matt L, modified 10 Years ago at 5/10/13 6:16 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/10/13 6:16 AM

Party tricks - heart rate control, temperature control, pupil dilation

Hi,

What are some curious abilities with resultant physical manifestations that you've developed as a result of some sort of spiritual practice and/or greater awareness of the body etc? I would take a punt that these would be more developed in yoga based traditions?

I am able to control the dilation of the pupils by initially focussing on an area near the tail bone and 'forcing' it to become aroused. The feeling spreads out through the body and is quite ecstatic. Once the 'forcing' is stopped, the arousal stops. The pupil dilation appears to be a physical by-product of this psychosomatic process as opposed to 'direct conscious control' of the pupils.

I hypothesise that there is some sort of adrenaline response occurring, although high levels of adrenaline (such as the potential and or occurrence of physical danger) does not usually feel ecstatic in the same way.

This 'ability' began soon after beginning meditation in a self-inquiry type context and I was not aware of the pupil dilation until a few years later when I did it in front of a mirror.

Are you able to describe anything similar? Ie. the conscious initiating of some sort of spiritual/awareness process that leads to a resultant relatively immediate physical manifestation? How do you do it? Do you think I could do it with a good enough description?

My agenda is from a party trick perspective for entertainment purposes, AKA funsies.

------

tl;dr:

I can dilate pupils, what can you do and how do you do it? Can you teach me? Tks.
thumbnail
John P, modified 10 Years ago at 5/10/13 7:39 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 5/10/13 7:39 PM

RE: Party tricks - heart rate control, temperature control, pupil dila

Can't you change the pupil's size by moving your point of focus close and away?

I can put my tongue behind my soft palate (kechari mudra lvl 2 & 3).
But it's a TERRIBLE party trick, I almost never mention it, because some people feel disgusted by it.

Also I have some nice balance due to training tai-chi.

Breadcrumb