Audible "click" in EQ

mind less, modified 10 Years ago at 6/2/13 2:13 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/2/13 2:13 AM

Audible "click" in EQ

I hit EQ in mid November last year, and since mid January there have been sudden audible "clicks" or maybe more like "ticks" in EQ. Usually it happens one or two times a session. What is this?
Scott P, modified 10 Years ago at 6/2/13 5:30 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/2/13 5:25 AM

RE: Audible "click" in EQ

Yeah I've had this too... sometimes my eyelids fluttering rapidly makes clicking sounds, is it the same for you? think ive also had clicks when theyve not been doing it too tho.
mind less, modified 10 Years ago at 6/2/13 5:35 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/2/13 5:35 AM

Scott P:
Yeah I've had this too... sometimes my eyelids fluttering rapidly makes clicking sounds, is it the same for you? think ive also had clicks when theyve not been doing it too tho.

Interesting. No, the sound seems to come from the sinuses.
thumbnail
katy steger,thru11615 with thanks, modified 10 Years ago at 6/4/13 9:16 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/4/13 9:16 AM

Interesting. No, the sound seems to come from the sinuses.

Hi Morgan,

Okay, yes, I have gotten a single sinus click (other times the nasal passages just seem to open more) and when it has happened I've noticed that it seems to come with the brain starting to focus ("access"), the brain getting the relaxation that comes from letting go of the buckshot rapid spray other thoughts and feelings, brain just let's them sail past. Versus a sound, for me, it is a palpable click (or just an expansion in the nasal passages). This click/expansion may actually be an early sign (nimita) of a phase in concentration for those of us with tighty noses but not so common as to put it in nimita write-upsemoticon
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 10 Years ago at 6/4/13 9:32 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/4/13 9:32 AM

It's fascinating to ear about such specifics and trivial phenomenon related to the practice. I get some pretty intense tinnitus in high-equanimity sometimes and there was occurence where I noted the sudden increase (as opposed of simply becoming more aware of something that is already there) but I don't think there was any kind of click.
This Good Self, modified 10 Years ago at 6/5/13 12:37 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/5/13 12:37 AM

Morgan Gunnarsson:
I hit EQ in mid November last year, and since mid January there have been sudden audible "clicks" or maybe more like "ticks" in EQ. Usually it happens one or two times a session. What is this?

I don't think I've ever experienced Eq, but I am very aware that changes in mood and consciousness have a huge effect on the degree of swelling in the soft tissues that line the sinuses. My experience is that the degree of swelling can alter very quickly at at times and I have also experienced this cracking on odd occasions. More commonly I experience my nose blocking up or allowing more air in as my dominant thought pattens change.
thumbnail
chamaeleon yogi, modified 10 Years ago at 8/3/13 2:44 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 8/3/13 2:44 PM

I just attended a retreat and asked Bhante Sujiva about a very similar phenomenon. He interpreted it as dissolving formations, that leave with a klick or crack. Could also manifest in other ways like a swinging feeling and smthg else I forgot.