RE: aquired synesthesia and different view on world

End in Sight, modified 10 Years ago at 6/9/13 8:43 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/9/13 8:43 AM

You sound like you have some good insight (though a slightly peculiar way of talking about it). Who knows where you are.

Why not do what you've been doing so far? Is there something about it that's not working for you?

After closing eyes normal vision disappear and only mind screen remain.

I think it's highly likely that if you look for the blackness of your eyelids, it will be right in front of you.
End in Sight, modified 10 Years ago at 6/11/13 12:04 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/11/13 12:04 PM

Paweł K:
generally I fell like some kind of Dark Night or something as I generally confused and definitely untrained in concentration. In few years that passed from activating myself in way I described above I definitely had A&P and quite a few of those, all followed by much longer strong Dark Night periods. Never got past those, rather just waited them over...

To concentrate better, it takes practice, and it takes some experimentation (or maybe a lot of experimentation) to figure out how to practice. See if you can find a way to mind your breath that feels pleasant and relaxed. When you can find it, that's a good start. All the little annoyances you feel from your "wide" perception will go away when your concentration is better (they're a product of not having strong concentration). Keep in mind that you don't necessarily have to start by concentrating on one single thing. You can, for example, try to feel your whole body breathing, try to feel your whole body relaxing, try to feel pleasure in your whole body...using the entire thing as your object.

If the MCTB guidelines don't work for you with regard to concentration, pretend you never read them and try thinking about concentration in some other way.

what intrigues me mostly is bare aspect of synesthesia. I read somewhere that such synesthesia is much more common in meditating monks but at the same time I never found synesthesia to be expected results of meditation, even in form of "may happen"...

so I wonder if is it normal occurence or not ...

There is actually some preliminary research about this! http://www.drrogerwalsh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Can-Synaethesia-Be-Cultivated_Walsh.pdf

Breadcrumb