A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis

A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Scott V 6/15/13 8:28 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis A. Dietrich Ringle 6/15/13 9:44 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Scott V 6/15/13 11:22 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis fivebells . 6/15/13 11:54 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis A. Dietrich Ringle 6/15/13 3:25 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis This Good Self 6/18/13 6:37 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Pantheon Parthenon 6/25/13 9:45 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Dei Ci De 6/17/13 4:22 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis sawfoot _ 6/26/13 3:24 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis M N 6/26/13 6:48 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis sawfoot _ 6/26/13 6:52 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Hermetically Sealed 6/28/13 6:41 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Laura Wägerle 6/6/20 6:34 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Derek2 6/6/20 8:06 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 6/6/20 9:47 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Zero 6/8/20 5:47 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 6/8/20 10:37 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Zero 6/8/20 2:32 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 6/8/20 2:46 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 6/16/20 6:23 AM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Jacob 7/28/20 2:52 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/28/20 9:59 PM
RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis Milo 7/29/20 12:58 AM
Scott V, modified 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 8:28 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 8:28 AM

A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis

I have spent a lot of time reading these forums, and I always happen to come across post of people declaring things about the Siddhis/Iddhis that are totally misinformative and clearly coming from a place of no experience.

People who are claiming that the various siddhis are strictly referring to only experiences in Lucid Dreaming, aka, Purely mentally contained experiences that cannot effect the physical reality, are wrong, plain and simple. Yes, when the mind develops, Lucid Dreaming and those sorts of things seem to be very common in the early Jhanas and certain 'powers' are possible..... but the 'consciousness' if you will, can develop far beyond that. A lot of people attempt to put allegorical/metaphorical spin on the Yoga Sutras and the siddhis claimed to come as a result of spiritual progress, severely downplaying their reality. The Yoga Sutras are extremely clear, and if you ask any guru of high spiritual attainment, you will understand this... but good luck finding someone like that on the internet.

I assume many of you reading this live in America, and the fact is you are not likely to find many people of that high attainment living in America... most of them are concentrated in areas of Asia, namely around India, Nepal, Tibet, and I say this with confidence from my personal journeys and experiences seeking out such individuals, with success.

I'm sure the spiritual community would highly appreciate it if false knowledge/assumptions would stop being spread as truth. Do not spread your experience-lacking assumptions as fact to people. It is incredibly misinformative and not to mention a bit deceptive and dishonest...

While logic is one of the primary things that help us advanced our understanding of the world, for most people it is also the number one thing that prevents us from moving forward, because too many individuals seem very eager to jump to unfounded conclusions.

I get the feeling some people might not like this post, but I'm asking ONLY one thing.... please do not assume things that you have no experiential understanding of and dictate your assumptions to people as truth, it is an insult to your integrity, to the community, and most importantly, to the people who have actually attained certain Spiritual heights.

AND REMEMBER: Spiritual Power is not indicative of a persons Spiritual Development. Many people unlock and experience various siddhis long before they reach spiritual heights... and THESE PEOPLE, I can assure you there will be a large portion of people who have experienced seemingly unexplainable experiences as a result of a lot of meditation practice, reading this, and knowing exactly what I am talking about. Experiences of mind-affecting-matter. They are out there, please do not insult us or the community with your ignorant assumptions.

*this is directed at no specific person, but at many. You know who you are. Please stop spreading misinformation. If you don't have experience in something, don't pretend you do just to seem experienced.

I will try to respond to this, but responses will be kept brief.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 9:44 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 9:43 AM

RE: A message to everyone about the Siddhis/Iddhis

Honestly the Siddhis have scared me a bit recently.

There have been a couple occasions where I felt like my mind state caused bad things to happen.

Yesterday was a good example.

I was walking down the street, exerting myself quite vigorously doing something weird with my internal winds. I had been doing this for a bit and noticed some young men in the distance and to the right who were loading a ping pong table.

When I saw them for some reason I became afraid and had a feeling of being watched. I decided to "push through" the fear and focused very hard on the sensation of my feet touching the ground. The fear grew and grew to a crescendo and right as it hit its peak there was a loud crash that scared me out of what I was doing and I looked over and saw that the table had fallen on one of the young man's legs, who was crying out in pain.

The experience was disconcerting because it was almost felt like I influenced that in some way, because there had been this little voice earlier that had said I should stop and I didn't.

Another time I was driving around town in real agitation, thinking that I needed to go see my teacher and a visiting lama for a "transmission" and when I finally got there I walked up to the guy very determined to make eye contact, which I did. As soon as that happened I quickly learned that he and my teacher and a few others had just been in a violent car crash. I felt like somehow my agitated energy on the road had impacted the event.
Scott V, modified 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 11:22 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 11:21 AM

I know many people who have reported experiences highly similar to yours. Those sort of things tend to be very common when a person is starting to make good progress with their Sadhana/Meditation.

It's no good when there are people going around stating these 'siddhis' are nothing more than dream-based hallucinations. For instance one statement from another thread I saw, reads:
If you want to use the powers to fly, you'll have to do so in a lucid dream, as physical reality won't permit you to.

Anyone who has been around the world actively chasing the spiritual life and seeking out actual masters knows this is simply not true. With pure intention, these 'masters' can be located easily. Physical reality is a very strange thing. There are many, if not hundreds+ of Yogis living today capable of Levitation, along with things far beyond what most people would believe possible. In a couple years on my travels I have witnessed and met a total of 4 Yogis living in isolation and away from modernized cities, who have demonstrated remarkable, "Physics defying" abilities. While I can't prove the science behind it, because I simply don't have the understanding, I know the things I have witnessed.... Levitation being among one unremarkable displays. I don't want to create a bunch of hype around these things, but these abilities exist, quite literally as they are described, which I attest to personally.

Anyone claiming(or pretending) to be an expert on the Siddhis is trying to deceive you. Few, if any self-realized person will brag to you about what they can do. These braggarts you might find online are most likely charlatans trying to create a following. Keep an open mind. There is no need to cultivate disbelief on something you have yet to prove to yourself. I struggle to understand why people feel it necessary to always form an opinion when they lack adequate knowledge/experience on a particular subject. How can an individual, with reasonable thought, declare with confidence the nonexistence nature of something they have never seen - it is the essence of ignorance.
thumbnail
fivebells , modified 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 11:54 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 11:54 AM

A D R, so many of your posts lately have involved anxiety and agitation. Have you found any way to mitigate this?
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 3:25 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/15/13 3:25 PM

fivebells .:
A D R, so many of your posts lately have involved anxiety and agitation. Have you found any way to mitigate this?

I am taking a break from my retreat today and kind of chilling out a bit. I figured out yesterday (was experimenting when the above story took place) that if I let go of both grasping or aversion to the chakra points that I can let the sleepy feeling I get during the afternoon kind of filter up into my conscious mind and let it tranquilize some of my excitement.

Physiologically speaking, I think it has something to do with the muscles around the spinal column holding tension equally and in moderation.
Its kind of like walking around completely exhausted and yet not craving after wanting to go sleep, instead just kind of riding the line between sleep and excitement.
Dei Ci De, modified 10 Years ago at 6/17/13 4:22 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/17/13 4:22 PM

I've read these siddhis can be awaken through the use of some herbs and psychodelics. You have to know how to use them, first.
This Good Self, modified 10 Years ago at 6/18/13 6:37 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/17/13 8:11 PM

A D R:
Honestly the Siddhis have scared me a bit recently.

There have been a couple occasions where I felt like my mind state caused bad things to happen.

Yesterday was a good example.

I was walking down the street, exerting myself quite vigorously doing something weird with my internal winds. I had been doing this for a bit and noticed some young men in the distance and to the right who were loading a ping pong table.

When I saw them for some reason I became afraid and had a feeling of being watched. I decided to "push through" the fear and focused very hard on the sensation of my feet touching the ground. The fear grew and grew to a crescendo and right as it hit its peak there was a loud crash that scared me out of what I was doing and I looked over and saw that the table had fallen on one of the young man's legs, who was crying out in pain.

The experience was disconcerting because it was almost felt like I influenced that in some way, because there had been this little voice earlier that had said I should stop and I didn't.

Another time I was driving around town in real agitation, thinking that I needed to go see my teacher and a visiting lama for a "transmission" and when I finally got there I walked up to the guy very determined to make eye contact, which I did. As soon as that happened I quickly learned that he and my teacher and a few others had just been in a violent car crash. I felt like somehow my agitated energy on the road had impacted the event.

I think in the second example it was just coincidence. I can't see any link at all.

The first example - the accident - was very likely caused by you. But there's no siddhi here. You felt extremely anxious about being looked at, and that caused them to look at you. They pick up on your vibe, feel anxious themselves (Google mirror neurons) and then think: "something is wrong". Then the subconscious just creates an accident so that it all matches up nicely - ie. a reason for the thought "something is wrong". A person's energy, if strong enough in a particular direction, will influence those around him. Others pick up on it if they're not careful.

It's very similar to the Derren Brown stuff. Influence through thought transmission and suggestion.

If being looked at as you walk down the street is enough to make you anxious, meditation is probably going to aggravate your condition. Just a case of social anxiety. The words "determined to make eye contact" is strongly diagnostic. Such a thought wouldn't enter the minds of most people. Forget the Dho for the moment. Perhaps some more conventional help, then a job would be appropriate?
thumbnail
Pantheon Parthenon, modified 10 Years ago at 6/25/13 9:45 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/25/13 9:45 PM

C C C:

The first example - the accident - was very likely caused by you. But there's no siddhi here. You felt extremely anxious about being looked at, and that caused them to look at you. They pick up on your vibe, feel anxious themselves (Google mirror neurons) and then think: "something is wrong". Then the subconscious just creates an accident so that it all matches up nicely - ie. a reason for the thought "something is wrong". A person's energy, if strong enough in a particular direction, will influence those around him. Others pick up on it if they're not careful.

Well CCC I believe that you are onto something. Even though it is not a siddhi there is some understanding here. If everything is energy and somehow we can affect events with our "energy" then is that not magical? You stated, "then the subconscious just creates an accident so that it all matches up nicely." From my understanding when one can increase their energy to a high level these events starts happening more such as synchronicity from Carl Jung. These events that are seemingly improbable starts happening more and more. Then the next step is to just practice the flow of energy as energy follows thought. From practicing to single-pointed mind you will be able to access the subconscious more and understand that many things can be created by just the mind. But many who reach this level fail to realize that the greatest gift of all is being able to control your thoughts fully and silent the mind at all and in any situation. Just my two cents
thumbnail
sawfoot _, modified 10 Years ago at 6/26/13 3:24 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/26/13 3:19 AM

I have spent a lot of time reading these forums, and I always happen to come across post of people declaring things about the Siddhis/Iddhis that are totally misinformative and clearly coming from a place of experience rather than logic or reason.

People who are claiming that the various siddhis are strictly referring to more than experiences in Lucid Dreaming, aka, Purely mentally contained experiences that cannot effect the physical reality, are wrong, plain and simple.
Yes, when the mind develops, Lucid Dreaming and those sorts of things seem to be very common in the early Jhanas and certain 'powers' are possible..... but the 'consciousness' if you will, cannot develop beyond that. A lot of people attempt to put a literal spin on the Yoga Sutras and the siddhis claimed to come as a result of spiritual progress, severely overplaying their reality. The Yoga Sutras are extremely clear, and if you ask any guru of high spiritual attainment, you will understand this... but good luck finding someone like that on the internet.

I'm sure the spiritual community would highly appreciate it if your misunderstanding of your experiences/knowledge/assumptions would stop being spread as truth. Do not spread your experiences as fact to people. It is incredibly misinformative and not to mention a bit deceptive and dishonest...

While experience is one of the primary things that help us advanced our understanding of the world, for most people it can prevent us from moving forward, because too many individuals seem very eager to jump to unfounded conclusions.

I get the feeling some people might not like this post, but I'm asking ONLY one thing.... please do not assume things that you have experiential understanding are real and more than just mind tricks, and dictate your assumptions to people as truth, it is an insult to your integrity, to the community, and most importantly, to the people who have actually attained certain Spiritual heights.

AND REMEMBER: Spiritual Power is not indicative of a persons Spiritual Development. Many people unlock and experience various siddhis long before they reach spiritual heights... and THESE PEOPLE, I can assure you there will be a large portion of people who have experienced seemingly unexplainable experiences as a result of a lot of meditation practice, reading this, and knowing exactly what I am talking about. Experiences of mind-affecting-matter. They are out there, please do not insult us or the community with your assumptions that these subjective mental experiences are representative of way the world actually is.

*this is directed at a specific person. You know who you are. Please stop spreading misinformation. If you have lots of experience in something, don't pretend that your experiences are representative of reality as it really is.

I will try to respond to this, but responses will be kept brief.
M N, modified 10 Years ago at 6/26/13 6:48 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/26/13 4:20 AM

This does not adress his claim of having seen people actually levitating...
thumbnail
sawfoot _, modified 10 Years ago at 6/26/13 6:52 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/26/13 6:51 AM

Mario Nistri:
This does not adress his claim of having seen people actually levitating... are you saying he is lying about that?
If so, on what basis?

I presume he isn't lying about having the experience of seeing people levitating.

But our experience of reality is just an experience. And that experience is fallible. It is not always a reliable indicator of the state of the
world. It is heavily distorted by our beliefs.

I look to the sky. I see something strange. The person who fervently believes that aliens are in contact with the earth sees a spaceship from a different planet. The meteorologist sees an unusual cloud formation.
thumbnail
Hermetically Sealed, modified 10 Years ago at 6/28/13 6:41 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/28/13 6:41 PM

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
-Dune by Frank Herbert
Laura Wägerle, modified 3 Years ago at 6/6/20 6:34 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/6/20 6:30 AM

Dear Scott,

Thank you for posting about this topic. I have a question regarding this and I would be very happy if you would consider answering.

In advance, I am always very happy about any ego correction if anyone who reads this post sees something I missed in my speech. Thank you.

The outline of my question is that I stumbled over your post during my search for understanding how to integrate a certain experience verbally, and thus be able to share it with people who are important to me, whom I love, and with whom I want to share the good things that happen to me.

I think beforehand I need to illustrate my path so you get a rough idea whom you're talking to emoticon.

The beginning is that I did the exercises of the Workbook of A Course in Miracles in one run from 2014 until 2015. I felt a lot of bliss.

Impressed and sometimes actually painfully highly motivated by the experience, I started investigating a lot of spiritual literature at my hand in the upcomming years, actually until last year November.

This included Christian mysticism, Buddhist writings, current US-American "ACIM" Literature, some European, Southamerican and Jewish psychoanalysists and therapists, and some of US-American psychiatrist David R. Hawkins' books.

At the beginning, and actually also since my experience of something that was close to a near-death-experience last year in November, I tried to share my experience and my (newly) gathered knowledge with my closest friends and family members, but no one wanted to hear it.

I am 31 years old, female, and I live in Germany.

I was strongly depressed during the second half of 2019, and I am again now since a few weeks. I am currently at the hospital. And I am more or less fine. Maybe I need the break in order to keep sorting things out! One cannot lose hope, that will not be working.

Now I get where I'm going to.

When I was at the hospital a few months ago (a different one than the one I am now in), I met a young man, who was little older than me (38), and who apperently also already had dedicated himself to spiritual work (and which was confirmed to me later by his father), because we were able to establish connection on a level I before and after by now had not been able to connect with anybody else and which came close to/was similar or even more intense than what I experienced when I did the exercises of the Workbook of A Course in Miracles six years before that.

We were able to communicate only with laughter and smiles no one would understand what was being said and transmitted, but no one got agressive about it neither (except one person, but she eventually also did not seem to mind). At most, people around us seemed to be surprised by our unexplicable/unexpected behaviour, but not offended.

I was deeply impressed by this encounter, and I had the impression and he later indirectly has told me so, that so was he.

We spent together two weeks, which came to an end because the hospital could not accept the amount of closeness (if I miss the correct English term here, I am sorry) we gradually had developed, because - I don't know if this is natural, but it felt like it, please correct me, if it is not - the level of closeness of the mind brought with it also the desire to be close physically.

Of course, on this plane, all good things come to an end eventually; but what I need to tell is that during our time together within these two weeks, in two occasions I felt that we experienced a siddhi.

Now, eventually my question.

How do I treat this experience? My conflict is that I feel it necessary to share, because in the end this is about being honest to people whom I love and give them my love and thus, the love I have experienced in this life. On the other hand I feel like I am up to disrepect my friends when talking to them about siddhis, when I don't even know what's their relationship with God (and spirituality in general).

So this is where I'm now.

I am very much looking forward to your answers.

Best regards,

Laura

PS: Dear people in the US, please stay peaceful and turn to non violence whenever you can. We, the rest of the world, do not want you to be harmed neither by your state nor by your fellow citizens!
Derek2, modified 3 Years ago at 6/6/20 8:06 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/6/20 8:06 AM

Laura Wägerle:
My conflict is that I feel it necessary to share, because in the end this is about being honest to people whom I love and give them my love and thus, the love I have experienced in this life. On the other hand I feel like I am up to disrepect my friends when talking to them about siddhis, when I don't even know what's their relationship with God (and spirituality in general).

This is the advantage of the Internet. You can discuss things that you may not be able to discuss with people in your immediate environment.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 6/6/20 9:47 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/6/20 9:47 AM

I don't know if you are still reading replies, Scott, since this is a several years old thread. If you do, I'd like to thank you.

I also feel that I need to add a warning, to those who run into something powersy and have trouble resisting fiddling with it. What Daniel says about magick in MCTB2 is true: when you use magick with somebody, you get intertwined. That may happen in ways that you could not predict. Please be careful! Don't do anything magickal with someone without being entirely sure that all parties involved are capable of dealing with the consequences of the band that develops from it. It is not a toy. People get hurt. That goes for consensual magick too, including what you might think is an innocent helping hand.
thumbnail
Zero, modified 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 5:47 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 5:47 AM

"People get hurt." 

Do you have any stories? 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 10:37 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 10:34 AM

Not that I can share, and not that would convince sceptical readers anyway, because when it works it can usually be explained away. The fact that something doesn't seem that impossible takes away the blockages that prevent it from happening. Either you find the magickal framework useful for making sense of reality or you don't. I find that it often makes more sense than the alternatives. Intention makes stuff happen all the time. Literally. There is no time without intention driving it. 

The story that I won't share (one of them anyway) has still not had even its major consequences settled in their manifestation, let alone the ripples of it. I still think it has the potential of being quite the miracle, in a number of ways that are only subtle and indirect for anyone outside the little group of people that will find it crucial (and since everything is connected, everything is actually a matter of life and death, insofar as we assume that life and death are real things, which they are for all practical purposes, just not actual things). If it doesn't pan out, however, it will be devastating for that little group, and the ripples will spread just like karma always does. So it's not like we are talking major direct consequences for the society. It's just more to handle than any sane person would choose to enter willingly. Then again, sanity is kind of overrated. Depending on how you define it, of course. 

Do I regret it? No. But it was probably a very naive and irresponsible thing to do. I hope I won't do something like that on a whim ever again, but it's not like I'm actually in charge so I probably will. I seem to have the sort of karma that manifests as a life in which anything could happen anytime even if I don't even leave my bed. Weird situations fall into my lap. And yet it sort of goes together into something that can pass as normal if you don't look too hard. 
thumbnail
Zero, modified 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 2:32 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 2:31 PM

Thanks! Although if magick is mainly about intentionality I don't see how it would be too farfetched for anybody to accept as a model. It's interesting that you're certain that the magick will have negative consequences-- must of been some very intentional dark/harmful magick. I'm interested in the helpful magick if helpful and harmful magick are categories that exist. I keep hearing that this realm of power shouldn't be messed around with, but I'm interested in conversations in which magick can and does have usefulness, such as stories of monks using their blessed malas to heal. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 2:46 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/8/20 2:46 PM

No no, nothing intentionally harmful. On the contrary. But sometimes bonds form that can hurt so badly if they break that it's devastating, unless you are prepared to pay the prize. That's hard to know in advance. Magick forms attachment. There will always come a point when one has to let go - if not sooner, then at the time of death. That can be messy.

I don't think it is possible to avoid magick, but the more you get out from your comfort zone, the weirder it gets. You will have to own your karma before it's too late. Otherwise the ripples can get out of control. Everything has ripple effects. You can't contain the effects locally. 

I think it's a continuum. Self-hypnosis is pretty consensual but meets all of Daniel's criteria for magick, if I remember correctly. I do stuff like that all the time, always have. In retrospect it's pretty creepy, though, that all of the prayers that came true for me when I grew up were probably not granted by some entity that had more of an overlook or better judgement than me. It's not like the seemingly harmless wishes always were fulfilled without some kind of unexpected (minor) harm. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 6/16/20 6:23 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 6/16/20 6:23 AM

That's a good point. And they don't always own their karma.
Jacob, modified 3 Years ago at 7/28/20 2:52 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/28/20 2:52 PM

Is there any specific way an Arhat can go about attaining the siddhis?
I have had some light experiences of precognition but other than that nothing. I would be just be interested in attaining the Ashta siddhis and maybe a few others. Then expand outwards. 
I have heard Dzogchen and Kalisa meditation as well as specific yogic kriyas can be useful for that? I honestly can't be certain until I attempt them for long periods of time. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/28/20 9:59 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/28/20 9:59 PM

You could try praying for them, but be very careful what you wish for, as it might come true in ways you didn't expect. Always aim at your highest good and the benefit of all sentient beings. 
thumbnail
Milo, modified 3 Years ago at 7/29/20 12:58 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/29/20 12:58 AM

Jacob:
Is there any specific way an Arhat can go about attaining the siddhis?
I have had some light experiences of precognition but other than that nothing. I would be just be interested in attaining the Ashta siddhis and maybe a few others. Then expand outwards. 
I have heard Dzogchen and Kalisa meditation as well as specific yogic kriyas can be useful for that? I honestly can't be certain until I attempt them for long periods of time. 

I highly doubt anyone here will claim to be able to levitate or shrink to the size of an atom in the literal sense. Let us know if you find out those tricks : )

Hypothetically, if I was going to experiment I'd choose something more plausible and focus on strong kasinas and the boundless consciousness arupa jhana. Daniel has a nice fire kasina book you could look into too.

Breadcrumb