Staying in a monastery for a longer period

Vi Va -, modified 10 Years ago at 6/24/13 12:27 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/24/13 12:27 PM

Staying in a monastery for a longer period

Has anyone done this? Let's say a few years?
If in Asia, is it easy to get a Visa that lasts for so long?
In what countries (specific areas) do you find monasteries that will accept you?
Do you have any tips of specific monasteries?
I guess the problem with Visa is the hardest nut to crack... is there any countries in Asia (with good monasteries) where there is no time-limit for your stay, and with no need for Visa?

Thanks in advance. emoticon
Vi Va -, modified 10 Years ago at 6/24/13 12:29 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/24/13 12:29 PM

RE: Staying in a monastery for a longer period

And if you know any monasteries in Europe where you can stay for a longer time (one year or more) - I'd be happy to know of them as well.
M N, modified 10 Years ago at 6/24/13 1:09 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 6/24/13 1:09 PM

RE: Staying in a monastery for a longer period

In any monastery ofthe Ajhan Chah tradition (http://forestsangha.org/) you can go there and ask to stay there as an Anagarika, wich is, layman with 8 precepts, doing about 4 hurs working every day and rest of the day is free.

I might be wrong, however, it mightnot work exactly like that; however, if you go there, look for some info and ask some questions (maybe even calling) or going there for a few weeks before asking, finding a place in a monastery shouldn't be so hard... the one that is in Italy for sure you can do that, don't knowhowthat works for every other associated monastery, but I don't think there should any problem...

Bye!

Breadcrumb