Piracetam

T J, modified 10 Years ago at 7/11/13 8:16 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 7/11/13 8:16 PM

Piracetam

A couple of years ago, I had a big opening that coincided with heavy practice + consistent Piracetam dosing.

I ran another experiment with Piracetam last weekend. For 3 days I was taking 3-4 grams per day divided between 3 doses each day.

After the second day I noticed that the default gravity of my mind really wanted to attend to present to experience rather than spin on thoughts. The experience didn't seem to care if it was non-dual-ish or if there was a sense of self - both possibilities seemed allowed.

Anyway, I just thought I would share in case anyone else is experimenting with nootropics.
John S, modified 10 Years ago at 7/12/13 12:43 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 7/12/13 12:43 AM

RE: Piracetam

I used Piracetam in college for study improvement, and I tried it briefly last month to see if it'd affect my meditation. I only used it for a few days and didn't notice any difference, then forgot about it. I'll start taking it again and see what I notice. Let me know what you find with it!
thumbnail
Eric G, modified 10 Years ago at 7/15/13 7:29 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 7/12/13 8:45 AM

My take is that it is at least mildly helpful. I didn't really notice the effects you speak of until I had been taking it daily for a couple of weeks. Once I had gotten enough in my system I found the need to back off the dose substantially, and I now only take one cap a day. FWIW it boosts the effects of major psychedelics.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 10 Years ago at 7/12/13 11:10 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 7/12/13 11:10 PM

I've never tried Piracetam but I do take Noopept daily with CDP Choline. I like the effects of mindfulness that I get from it. It helps and hinders meditation about the same amount depending on caffeine intake and time of day.
I tried oxyracetam and kinda liked the upper feeling but didn't like the aniracetam downer feeling. Both I need to try again to get a feel for how well they work for me but since Noopept makes me happy I've not stacked them.
I do love L-Theanine with meditation and a little coffee; very calming and relaxing without tiredness....seems to help with the shift to 4th jhana...
Anyway, lots of fun nootropics out there nowadays pretty cheap....
good luck
~D