Someone needs to make it so you can see if you have new private messages!!

thumbnail
Bailey , modified 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 2:39 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 2:39 PM

Someone needs to make it so you can see if you have new private messages!!

Someone needs to make it so you can see if you have new private messages on the main screen!!
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 3:01 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 3:01 PM

RE: Someone needs to make it so you can see if you have new private message

I just provide a valid email address in my profile, and I get an email when I get a PM. Then I check it on the site.
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 3:51 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 3:42 PM

Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem:
I just provide a valid email address in my profile, and I get an email when I get a PM. Then I check it on the site.

My e-mail address is in the profile and I don't receive an e-mail when I get a private message. A solution could be to re-direct the home to the messages page. Daniel said there is another attempt at upgrading the version of liferay in the making. If it end up being a failure, I think we should consider re-booting this community to another plateform and keep this forum for archives only. Moving only the username and password to another plateform shouldn't be too hard. Everything is impermanent, so they say. We should just get over it and start with a brand new modern forum with better social media features.

I don't know how much Daniel is attached (?) to liferay but going to something la Joomla would open up possibilities and make it easier to find developers. We could have a fundrasing and pay some guy to setup a great community that could evolve over time. I think it's time to discuss what's are the orientation for this community and see how we want the technology being put in place to support that vision.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 4:57 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 8/12/13 4:57 PM

Currently Manish Yadav is working on the upgrade: should hear something in the next week or three, depending.

I am open to moving to another platform also if it makes sense to do so, the costs are not too prohibitive, functionality and data is not lost, and it would make development easier.

It is not like Liferay has been all fun and roses, but it has gotten us this far and was a step up after WetPaint, and at least we didn't risk being suddenly deleted or dropped like happened to KFD.

If after 6.1 happens and we are still not happy, and anyone can figure out how to move this site to a new platform that is better, let me know what you think the best options are.

It would be really nice if it had a wiki with wiki authoring controls like the new version of Liferay apparently does.

Daniel

Breadcrumb