Not Sure What is Happening

Will G, modified 13 Years ago at 4/26/10 5:20 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/26/10 5:20 PM

Not Sure What is Happening

I found Buddhism in April of 2009 and immeadiately started meditating each evening for about 20 minutes. On the fourth or fifth day of meditation, towards the end of my sit, I felt I saw a mental object. I expanded it and went into it. I then began to have an extremely strong sensation of what I can only call love. This wasn't just an episode of feeling good, but was much stronger. It stayed with me after meditation and even into the next day, well into the afternoon. I have never been able to get back to this state -not on retreat and not even after upping my regular meditation time to an hour.

I meditate an hour every day and feel as though I am stuck. Am I doing something wrong? What did I experience and how can I get it back. I joined a local meditation group, but everyone, including the leader seem to be well intentioned, ignorant hipppies. I am in the process of reading Daniel's book, so I apologize, if I am asking something already covered.

I appreciate your help!
Trent , modified 13 Years ago at 4/26/10 6:09 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/26/10 6:09 PM

RE: Not Sure What is Happening

Welcome,

William Lee Gregory:
What did I experience (...)

Perhaps this is what you experienced. You might also want to navigate to the pages that entry links to. I would recommend reading through MCTB in its entirety, applying yourself again, and then see where you end up.

Regards,
Trent
ManZ A, modified 13 Years ago at 4/26/10 9:25 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/26/10 9:24 PM

RE: Not Sure What is Happening (Answer)

That sounds word for word almost like what Daniel described in my post as one crossing the A&P.
J Adam G, modified 13 Years ago at 4/28/10 5:30 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/28/10 5:30 PM

Sometimes these types of things can be a strong occurrence of Mind and Body, however the whole "It just happened once and I can't get it back even though I really want it" part screams A&P.
Will G, modified 13 Years ago at 4/29/10 6:51 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 4/29/10 6:51 AM

Thanks for the help!