New kids on the block

This Good Self, modified 10 Years ago at 9/13/13 8:17 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/5/13 8:50 PM

New kids on the block

Relatively new. Each is enlightened. None mention "stages of insight", afaik. Time to stop grasping at the Theravada model?

Scott Kiloby, Greg Goode, Tom Stone, Noah Elkreif, Jerry Spence, Marc Leavitt, Peter Ralston, Byron Katie, Tony Parsons, Rupert Spira.

I'm enjoying Marc Leavitt. Read the first chapter here: http://www.amazon.com/Enlightenment-Behind-The-Scenes-ebook/dp/B0091X2W4O#reader_B0091X2W4O
Ivo B, modified 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 8:33 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 8:32 AM

RE: New kids on the block

Read the book(Marc Leavitt). I don't really know what to say. He doesn't sound really convincing to me. Maybe it's his writing stile. Maybe it's my ignorant skepticism.

A few quotes:

"The Ultimate Truth is that YOU, the reader of these words right now are the only one that exists. Everyone that you have ever met and will ever meet in any existence is actually you looking out through different eyes. I want to be very clear that I am not speaking metaphorically. This is an actual fact that can be self-verified by anyone that cares enough to investigate this them-self. There is already a rich and vast history of individuals from varying times and cultures who have discovered this same"

"WE'RE ALL THE SAME FRICKIN' ONE!!! You're walking around in a house of mirrors and there has never even been anything that was not YOU! I cannot stress enough that I'm talking, LITERALLY and ACTUALLY. THERE IS ONLY ON OF US IN THIS HERE. THERE IS ONLY ONE OF US IN ALL EXISTENCE"

"I'm still sitting there looking at my daughter’s room and I am just amazed that it is there. This world is a fuckin' miracle. Nothing exists yet I am staring at myself as a little girl’s bedroom. If you take yourself to be an individual among other individuals, then the world is 'apart' from you. But in reality, the world is nothing but you. After sitting there for sometime simply blown away that a world appears although nothing exists, I became grateful that I have this world. Because I saw just how alooooone I really am. There is nothing 'else,' period! This is what inspired my expression, 'Being while knowing that I am not.' After standing there for some time in complete awe, the vision continued. I then got this image of Reality being represented by something best described as an Infinitely Aware String. I saw this string forming a loop (with the simplest twist), which creates a closed circuit of Awareness, whereby Awareness is now aware of itself. This creates the image of 'marc' and a world that, at least in this particular loop, looks like a little girls"

"So, as Awareness, you only seem to be ego if that is what you are aware of or focusing on. This is why the most direct practice is simply to look for your true Self. Looking for your Self implies Awareness of Awareness only. Practice Awareness of Awareness until the 'of' drops, leaving only Awareness. Once you realize that, as Awareness, you are All-There-Is, the world is spontaneously recognized to be appearing inside of You. This is where and when the Celebration begins. To BE while knowing that you are NOT is the greates"
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 9:06 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 9:06 AM

People getting meditatively high, causing them to believe in their own absurd internal monologues, and then writing long verborrhage with a lot of capital letters.

also known as

Spiritual bullshit.
Banned For waht?, modified 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 10:08 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 10:08 AM

it makes sense to me.

I seem to be doing the same practice as he.
thumbnail
Phantom of the Opera, modified 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 1:38 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 1:38 PM

The first two and last two of your list have long interviews (~2h) at batgap , among many other non-dualists.
thumbnail
(D Z) Dhru Val, modified 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 10:16 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 10:16 PM

I learnt a lot about various emptiness teachings from chatting with Greg Goode on Facebook.

A lot of people here will like his pragmatic and nerdy approach.

The stages of insight are very useful too. No need to throw them out.

We can consider a diversity of styles and teachings.
An Eternal Now, modified 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 11:14 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/16/13 11:14 PM

Ivo B:
Read the book(Marc Leavitt). I don't really know what to say. He doesn't sound really convincing to me. Maybe it's his writing stile. Maybe it's my ignorant skepticism.

A few quotes:

"The Ultimate Truth is that YOU, the reader of these words right now are the only one that exists. Everyone that you have ever met and will ever meet in any existence is actually you looking out through different eyes. I want to be very clear that I am not speaking metaphorically. This is an actual fact that can be self-verified by anyone that cares enough to investigate this them-self. There is already a rich and vast history of individuals from varying times and cultures who have discovered this same"

"WE'RE ALL THE SAME FRICKIN' ONE!!! You're walking around in a house of mirrors and there has never even been anything that was not YOU! I cannot stress enough that I'm talking, LITERALLY and ACTUALLY. THERE IS ONLY ON OF US IN THIS HERE. THERE IS ONLY ONE OF US IN ALL EXISTENCE"

"I'm still sitting there looking at my daughter’s room and I am just amazed that it is there. This world is a fuckin' miracle. Nothing exists yet I am staring at myself as a little girl’s bedroom. If you take yourself to be an individual among other individuals, then the world is 'apart' from you. But in reality, the world is nothing but you. After sitting there for sometime simply blown away that a world appears although nothing exists, I became grateful that I have this world. Because I saw just how alooooone I really am. There is nothing 'else,' period! This is what inspired my expression, 'Being while knowing that I am not.' After standing there for some time in complete awe, the vision continued. I then got this image of Reality being represented by something best described as an Infinitely Aware String. I saw this string forming a loop (with the simplest twist), which creates a closed circuit of Awareness, whereby Awareness is now aware of itself. This creates the image of 'marc' and a world that, at least in this particular loop, looks like a little girls"

"So, as Awareness, you only seem to be ego if that is what you are aware of or focusing on. This is why the most direct practice is simply to look for your true Self. Looking for your Self implies Awareness of Awareness only. Practice Awareness of Awareness until the 'of' drops, leaving only Awareness. Once you realize that, as Awareness, you are All-There-Is, the world is spontaneously recognized to be appearing inside of You. This is where and when the Celebration begins. To BE while knowing that you are NOT is the greates"
That is the I AM realization: http://awakeningtoreality.blogspot.com/2007/03/thusnesss-six-stages-of-experience.html
Tom Tom, modified 10 Years ago at 9/17/13 7:36 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/17/13 7:30 PM

A few quotes:

This is from a published book!?? Someone needs to break it to this guy that he has a lot more work to do. (Unless he's describing a prior realization like thusness does in the 7 stages page).
Ivo B, modified 10 Years ago at 9/18/13 1:51 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/18/13 1:51 AM

Well, most of this book are just copy/paste excerpts from his journal.
Ivo B, modified 10 Years ago at 9/18/13 1:52 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/18/13 1:52 AM

Phantom of the Opera:
The first two and last two of your list have long interviews (~2h) at batgap , among many other non-dualists.

Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't know about batgap.

Breadcrumb