Tarver teaching on September HPP

thumbnail
Tarver , modified 10 Years ago at 9/6/13 10:32 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/6/13 10:32 PM

Tarver teaching on September HPP

I will be leading a session of the HPP on Sept. 15, on "Focus In".

For those who may not know, Shinzen's "Home Practice Program" (HPP) is a dial-in virtual retreat held every month on the second weekend. Shinzen and other facilitators teach and lead sessions with instruction, Q&A, and time for silent practice. Some people just call in for one or another segment, and other people set aside the whole weekend for a structured retreat which can be done anywhere with phone access. Hundreds of people call in from all over the world. I am very excited to have been invited to lead a session.

The registration deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 11: http://www.shinzen.org/MeditationTraining/2013_sept.htm
thumbnail
katy steger,thru11615 with thanks, modified 10 Years ago at 9/7/13 6:11 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/7/13 6:10 AM

RE: Tarver teaching on September HPP

Hi Tarver,

It looks like this is a $20 paid program to look at one's thoughts, feeling and sensations. Are you being paid for this?
I think that's relevant to know in an advertising post.

I am very excited to have been invited to lead a session.
Okay. Good luck.
thumbnail
Tarver , modified 10 Years ago at 9/8/13 1:33 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/8/13 1:33 PM

If you wish to participate and you can't afford $20 for whatever reason, contact Emily (the administrator) and she can set you up with a scholarship. I am not going to answer your direct question any more directly than to say, that if my motivation were to "make money" or in any way financially enrich myself, I would stay as far away from this line of "work" as most people in our culture in fact do.
thumbnail
katy steger,thru11615 with thanks, modified 10 Years ago at 9/8/13 10:40 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/8/13 10:24 PM

That's okay. Good luck with it. It sounds like you're preparing and excited.

This sort of thing does call into focus for me that I'm still blown away with gratitude and awe for the great humans who've come before us and passed on such worthwhile considerations on being alive, being at all, being well, and they've done so freely and sometimes at cost to their own comfort/well-being.

And then here specifically, on the DhO, there is actually this man paying for us to have an eSangha, so to speak, (Daniel, obviously : ) so that we may come from anywhere, share freely and openly, to study our own being, to shed debates, to take up being alive, being at all, being well.

The payment being "practice sincerely".

It's amazing.

Best wishes.
Rob Wynge, modified 10 Years ago at 9/11/13 11:51 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/11/13 11:51 AM

Tarver - this is great, congrats! I can't join this month, but my wife and I have done several of the HPP workshops and have gotten a lot out of them.

Breadcrumb