book: marc leavitt, Enlightenment: Behind the Scenes

thumbnail
Sadalsuud Beta Aquarii, modified 10 Years ago at 9/15/13 6:47 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/15/13 6:47 PM

book: marc leavitt, Enlightenment: Behind the Scenes

I just finished this really nice short eBook, it has some lovely perspectives and plain English explanations/metaphors for non-dual states/realisations.

I find these sorts of books (ones written in a down to earth/amateur style, by 'ordinary' guys with jobs, wives and kids, who apply themselves diligently (fanatically) and DO WHAT HAS TO BE DONE) to be the most inspiring things! And in my own practice I have found that is the most valuable currency for me - real, core, 100%, down-to-my-socks belief that I can get this done.

I felt this book really helped me get a path moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Enlightenment-Behind-The-Scenes-ebook/dp/B0091X2W4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379288562&sr=8-1&keywords=leavitt+enlightenment

btw has anyone read it? His version of enlightenment is similar to MCTB fourth path, right?
thumbnail
Richard Zen, modified 10 Years ago at 9/15/13 9:53 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/15/13 9:52 PM

RE: book: marc leavitt, Enlightenment: Behind the Scenes

Yes I've read it. It's similar to the Advaita Vedanta enlightenment where consciousness just watches things arise and pass away without stickiness. It's good stuff but as Nick points out there's more and I'm pretty sure that AnEternalNow looks at it as the I AM stage with many more stages afterwards. There's so many forms of enlightenment but they all hinge around losing addictiveness. As Kenneth Folk wrote you can go even to the point where you don't do the things you normally like to do because you are so satisfied. That to me sounds as far as a person can go. 4th path enlightenment is supposed be a feeling of being done. If stream-entry leads to a permanent shift in perception of the A & P then it seems to be farther than the I AM stage. I would recommend The Direct Path by Greg Goode if you like this type of writing.

Breadcrumb