RE: Where to go from here?

thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 9/21/13 4:57 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/21/13 4:57 PM

Patrick R:
Right at the moment i find myself in a quite weird stage. My practice have for years been meditation. Then it changed to being self-inquiry/meditation. I saw for some years ago that there was no self. But then a self tried to rebuild it self. But it collapsed again and again each time getting weaker. But with a lot of anxiety and feeling hopeless because this could not be true. Not matter how hard I tried to rebuild nothing would hold. Not even a spiritual personality. So I dropped it I looked into what was really there. And saw that there is no on there. That everything is happening without a doer. Thoughts come and go. Senses comes and go. Everything is in constant change. Everything is perfect and where it needs to be. But no one is making a single decision.

But who is observing?. How do I go about this?.

What is your objective?

Nick
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 9/21/13 5:49 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/21/13 5:47 PM

What is your objective?

Nick

Well something still seems like it needs to be done to be done. Talking about enlightenment here.

Is there a version of 'enlightenment' that you adhere to or wish to make happen?

But the weird thing here is I'm feeling like the observer now. Like the typing for example, everyday things. They do not seem to be me anymore. Like I'm just observing. And they are just happening. That I have no control like it seemed like before. So I'm quite lost for the first time on this journey.

Do you want to change/shift experience in some way? If so, how? If not, then what is the issue?
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 10 Years ago at 9/22/13 2:57 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/22/13 2:57 PM

Patrick R:

The thing is then now. That after the last shift it seems like there is only an observer. But then again there is a doubt that the observer might not even be there. And the idea of an observer is merely an idea like the idea of a self was.

Investigate it. See it it is true. Does the observer seem to have a center point? Does it have agency? Are there qualities to it? if so what? Can you get the observer to observe the observer? Is there a duality to it...observer verses observed?
Tell us what you find.
Good luck,
~D
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 9/22/13 3:40 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/22/13 3:40 PM

Do what Dream Walker advises. See what happens. I did something similar with good results.

Nick