New but having very strange feelings

thumbnail
Keith Edward Miller, modified 10 Years ago at 9/24/13 2:29 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/24/13 2:29 PM

New but having very strange feelings

Hello Dharma community! I'm new to Buddhism but I've had some strange experiences already. Sometimes after meditation I have felt weightless and slow moving. This has also happened at random times out and about not right after I meditated. It happens mostly after meditation though. After a concentration practice I felt like my arms were to heavy to lift and I was super slow and when I tried to walk I had to hold the wall, it felt amazing actually. I would like to get some feedback by some long time practices or anyone really. Is this normal? I was breathing so it wasn't a light headed feeling , I know the difference. Part of me thinks I'm making this up in my head when it's happening but I know I'm not ! I WAS REAL! But this is still all very new to me, I've noticed I don't wanna talk to people I used to talk to ad much anymore. The conversations seem idle and bland to me. Please help ! Am I going crazy ????? I've never felt more sane actually !

Keith
Derek, modified 10 Years ago at 9/24/13 3:56 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/24/13 3:56 PM

RE: New but having very strange feelings

When you meditate, different parts of the mind quieten down at different paces. Equally, when you get up, different parts of the mind come back to life at different paces. This is why people get strange effects.
thumbnail
Keith Edward Miller, modified 10 Years ago at 9/24/13 4:39 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 9/24/13 4:39 PM

RE: New but having very strange feelings

Thank you.

Breadcrumb