Thanksgiving 8-day retreat: Four Immeasurables (Four Sublime Abid

thumbnail
Georges Drouin, modified 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 7:33 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 7:28 AM

Thanksgiving 8-day retreat: Four Immeasurables (Four Sublime Abid

Earlier this year in late August I attended a 4-day Abhidhamma retreat w the Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi at Chuang Yen Monastery in Putnam County in NY. I found the Monastery - the monks, nuns, lay practitioners and the meditation environment - to be conducive to a deeper and more sustained practice of meditation for myself.

As a result, I registered, before returning back up to Québec, for the 8-day Thanksgiving retreat of Nov 23-Dec 1 later this fall. @ Retreat Linkhttp://www.baus.org/en/?p=4705 Chuang Yen Monastery 8-day retreat you can read more about both the retreat and Venerable Dr. Dhammadipa, the Abbot of the Chuang Yen Monastery, who will be leading it.

I find that my meditation practice requires a greater continuity and maintenance, i.e. maintenance meaning mindfulness of my on-going needs, in order to progress towards the 4th J and beyond. I feel very privileged to be among the meditators who sit at the October 1-31: Rupa jhana practice in Google hangouts Katy has so graciously set up.

emoticon g

Breadcrumb