Noting vibrations

Davide Zaccagnini, modified 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 2:33 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 2:33 PM

Noting vibrations

In Daniel's book and throughout the forum, vibrations are frequently described as a basic part of the observable field, moving at different frequencies depending on the stage. I have been witnessing them too, but contrary to what others report, not as integral part of perception itself, but rather as yet another apparently solid mental construct (although entirely non-conceptual).
In my experience they tend to arise and pass and do not suffuse other phenomena, as some of the descriptions seem to imply. If I put my attention there, I see them, pulsating at about 5Hz, but if I focus on other things these do not vibrate. Am I looking at something else entirely or am I misinterpreting other accounts?

Thank you

Davide
M N, modified 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 3:55 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/10/13 3:55 PM

RE: Noting vibrations

Hi, welcome here!

Many ways of experiencing sensations are possible, and all sorts of variations can happen; however, if you tune your attention into vibrations, eventually that will become the way you'll experience basically everything.

Bye!
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 10 Years ago at 10/12/13 1:44 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/12/13 1:44 AM

He is right. They tend to start more slowly and be localized, as in: ah, there in the center of attention is something pulsing, but that can get wider, more inclusive, until all phenomena show their fluxing, ephemeral, interwoven nature in a way that is progressively more 3D and all-the-way-through and even involving those sensations that make up space itself.
thumbnail
Jenny, modified 10 Years ago at 10/13/13 12:15 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 10/13/13 12:15 AM

Following this thread.

I admit I wish I knew whether what I see is what others in the practice mean. I've always seen fine vibrations, long before having a practice, with varying phases over time of frequency, intensity, and breadth of involvement. After beginning practice, after what I have no doubt was an A&P during which the vibrations where more localized to an object, there was an intensification to the point of annoyance, and then certain 3D expansions that wouldn't stop. Diagnosed as migraine aura, and lessened with medication. But they are still there when I'm not absorbed in work. The larger warping is also still subtly there when I'm moving through panoramic views, as when driving to work. During meditation, the more or less ever-present vibrations intensify if I open my eyes. Oddly, when they were recently strong, all-inclusive, and nonstop (migraine), I saw them even with eyes closed, in dreams, etc. I'm relaxing, I think, into some acceptance that's not insisting on parsing visual oddities into either physiological or practice-effect categories. Just the not knowing is instructive on some level, I suspect, if I sit with that.