A Must-See Video :)

Tomer Boyarski, modified 10 Years ago at 11/27/13 3:29 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/27/13 3:29 AM

A Must-See Video :)

Dear friends,
this sub-forum is titled 'Dharma Diagnostic Clinic, aka "what was that?" '.
It starts with a lovely post by Kenneth Folk "An Idiots Guide to Dharma Diagnosis".
That post is based on the Jhanic map, which comes (and I may be mistaken here) from the Vipassana Thai Forest Tradition of Theravada, Buddhism.
Is that the only map to enlightenment?
What are some of the other maps?
What are the similarities and differences between these maps?
Are some maps better than other, and how?
What are the Pros and Cons of working with dharma maps?
Find the answers to these questions and more in this must-see video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bIgTY-8M5A
and HAVE FUN!
emoticon
thumbnail
Eric G, modified 10 Years ago at 11/27/13 8:29 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/27/13 8:29 AM

RE: A Must-See Video :)

Beginning to seem like spam with 2 threads for the same thing with trolling titles, what's up?

I know I've seen that video, I don't particularly remember it as answering a lot of questions, although Shinzen can be good.
thumbnail
triple think, modified 10 Years ago at 11/27/13 9:51 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/27/13 9:51 AM

RE: A Must-See Video :)

Eric G:
Beginning to seem like spam with 2 threads for the same thing with trolling titles, what's up?

I know I've seen that video, I don't particularly remember it as answering a lot of questions, although Shinzen can be good.
Dunno, we all make these typos and hit the wrong buttons some times. Use the wrong words. Shinzen is Shinzen, not news around here. Still, I watched it, maybe, again, it was pretty good overall.

Couple points could have been clearer or put in more perspective. For example on the differences 1234 Noble ones. Well, I think even Shinzen, if he could say all that could be said in a few minutes, would agree, that the distance between wandering on indefinitely, as perhaps we indefinitely have done is by far the greater distance than any path to the end of the same that we might be established in. Even if it is a million, or a billion years more wandering. No? The Buddha says very clearly so, many times, many ways.

Also I think more clearly the differences as we move ahead on that path could be clarified as we are again attempting to do here, and why not? But again, as time allows.

So what else we see or know, we can only share or not. I can feel that place coming, where I will have to choose, between being a man, or being what little of that remains, and it can be very little indeed.

I think what Shinzen senses, what we all on this path will sense some day some how, is the very great, imponderable depth of suffering we are leaving behind, forever, and the great many beings lost in that and we will all have to choose, to suffer with them and witness in silence or in flames what we will. Not an easy choice to make. So, very much more or nothing at all can always be said. Who can hear it is another question. And so silence is always the better part of wisdom, and the only true defense, when there is nothing else to defend.