Strange phenomenon, plus where am I at?

A N Y, modified 10 Years ago at 12/3/13 2:45 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/3/13 2:45 PM

Strange phenomenon, plus where am I at?

I have been meditating lightly for a while, and I am not familiar with much of the terminology or maps detailed here. I mostly practice by closing my eyes and observing thoughts as they come and go, but if I put slightly more effort into it, "effort" being a weird way of defining it, I am able to entirely cease thought processes, mental images and thinking for a few minutes at a time in my mind which I presume is a good thing, although I want to make sure this is just not some form of "suppression" that is bad for mental health. it does not feel negative. so, first question is what this "skill" may indicate as far as the "maps" go, and lastly, sometimes when I do this what occurrs is that I feel an almost "sinking" sensation arise, where I'm not really "thinking", but it feels as if my consciousness is descending into a very deep place, and my body feels vibratory, and it becomes more and more intense. i become anxious as it reaches deeper, and so I stop myself from further descending into this "state". what may this be? And where may I be at as far as my meditations? In my day to day life, I feel very aware and insightful to my own mind and bodily workings, and my own "awareness" is very rarely lost in thought or neuroticism, although I still notice I can get lost in thought from time to time. thank you!

Breadcrumb