Uncomfortable sensations in head after eating...

Vic Douglas, modified 10 Years ago at 12/4/13 10:42 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/4/13 10:42 AM

Uncomfortable sensations in head after eating...

I am a 39 year old south Asian male. I weigh 130 pounds. I have done 2000 - 3000 hours of vipassana meditation practice, which consist of watching breath and body sensations (S N Goenka tradition) in the past TEN years. I practiced tantra for 2 years and started to feel lethargic and tired. I have stopped tantra since the past 2 years.

For the past 2 years, there are some sensations always going on in my head and on top of myhead. I have not done any spiritual practice for the past 2 years. No tantric activity or any vipassana. I have been doing a lot of self pacing. I keep myself involved in household chores and my work. But still there are these sensations in my head.

I want to add that I am practising celibacy for the past 2 years or so. When I indulge in tantric sex with ejaculation I feel much drained. I feel fatigued and have overload when I indulge in tantric sex without ejaculation Hence I am practicing celibacy.

I get uncomfortable sensations in my head after eating food. I usually eat healthy vegetarian food. As soon as I eat food I start experiencing these sensations mostly in the crown chakra area and in the third eye chakra area for an hour or half and they are really troublesome. It gets worse if I eat sugars.

My question is
1. Do people with kundalini have these symptoms of uncomfortable sensation in head after eating food? If so is there a way out of it.

I have gotten my glucose tests and blood test and brain MRI done and they are all normal. I do self pacing a lot but of no help.

I would really appreciate any input in this regard as I am at my wits end.
Tom Tom, modified 10 Years ago at 12/4/13 8:28 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/4/13 8:22 PM

RE: Uncomfortable sensations in head after eating...

Try taking some immediate release niacin (nicotinic acid) also called vitamin b3. It causes a vasodilation flush response which is harmless. Start at a lower mg amount dose as too high a dose too soon will cause a flush that is too strong. If you keep taking it then you can move up to higher dosages. I also recommend you research this more before trying it.

In my experience, it also has a beneficial effect in balancing chakra activity / the body's phenomenological energy systems. Here is a quote of someone else confirming this: "On an almost spiritual level, Dr. Bob described niacin as "integrating scattered energies in the body and creating a harmonizing effect." from http://www.restoreunity.org/niacin_anti_death_vitamin.htm

Breadcrumb