The Thesis on the Crisis like the Layers in the Giza

thumbnail
triple think, modified 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 10:37 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/13/13 7:45 AM

( Teze ohle Krize jako Vristvi v Gize - Český )

My textual and originary studies follow along in and after the 'spirit' of others such as ‪René Girard‬ and Immanuel Velikovsky ‪‬in a search for fundamental, elementary or universal truths which, if these might be found to be at all consistent and conforming, should likely appear abundantly in nature and therefore should be also reflected in many human cultural sources which have engaged in reflection upon similar concerns in times long past and up to the present day.

Reading list: so far ( for any such interested )

Aggañña Sutta: On Knowledge of Beginnings

Mulapariyaya Sutta: The Root Sequence ( Especially Bhikkhu Bodhi's excellent translation with commentaries )

Brahmajāla Sutta: The All-embracing Net of Views ( Especially Bhikkhu Bodhi's excellent translation with commentaries )

Genesis: 1:1 - 3:24 ( All Mighty Goodness & the Water Falls ), 4:1+ ( Organic downfall & the bloody hells. )

Violence and the Sacred - by René Girard

Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World - by René Girard

I See Satan Fall Like Lightning - by René Girard

I would look forward to kicking these comparative cross-references around some on Saturday if anyone else is interested.

I must say, I continue to be highly intrigued by the many considerations involved…

Themes long under some considerable consideration so far include...

percipient and sentient nature(s)

elementary perfection

elementary downfall

bondage & liberation

- triplethinkin...nathan...

above is: 12/17/13 8:48 PM
below is: 12/24/13 9:37 AM

Amended Additional Suggested Readings & Sources

Tripiṭaka

Tanakh Covenant

Koine Covenant

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

René Girard

Herman Northrop Frye

Immanuel Velikovsky

Zecharia Sitchin
thumbnail
triple think, modified 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 9:32 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/17/13 7:25 AM

RE: The Thesis on the Crisis like the Layers in the Giza

Visible Ta'anach Disclaimer:

“How can you say, ‘We are wise,
and the law of the Lord is with us’?
But behold, the lying pen of the scribes
has made it into a lie."

- Jeremiah 8:8 (ESV)
triple think, modified 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 10:43 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 10:43 AM

blimp

major amends above
T DC, modified 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 5:25 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 5:25 PM

In my opinion, searching for truth in these books is a pointless effort. Truth is that which is perceived directly, that which the written word cannot encapsulate and describe. I imagine you know this. Anyhow, what's the point of searching in books for something which lies within and waits to be discovered.

Only direct contact with the truth will satisfy a craving for it. In my opinion it's better to focus wholeheartedly on attaining the goal of enlightenment through the means of meditation than to be distracted by the hope that satisfaction can be found any other way.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 9:57 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/24/13 9:57 PM

T DC:
In my opinion, searching for truth in these books is a pointless effort. Truth is that which is perceived directly, that which the written word cannot encapsulate and describe. I imagine you know this. Anyhow, what's the point of searching in books for something which lies within and waits to be discovered.

Only direct contact with the truth will satisfy a craving for it. In my opinion it's better to focus wholeheartedly on attaining the goal of enlightenment through the means of meditation than to be distracted by the hope that satisfaction can be found any other way.

Funny, you have referenced many books and excerpts, pointing finger at yourself, basic human nature, funny how us humans are..... mirrors of ourselves in each others eyes, not liking in others what we have in ourselves, there is a beautiful lesson here for everyone, we can step aside and view it with wisdom, or jump on the old samsara cart, and off we go! weeeeee!

Anyway Merry Christmas to All, Maybe instead of "Enjoy the presents" just "Enjoy the present"

Warning, this is not a test of your central nervous system, this is not a test, for the next 60 seconds you will be informed to not react or go to any location in your area, again this is not a test of your central nervous system, please stay tuned to your equanimity for further instructions.... meep....meep....meep

Not smiling at you, smiling with you

Metta
T DC, modified 10 Years ago at 12/25/13 5:01 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/25/13 5:01 PM

Psi Phi:

Funny, you have referenced many books and excerpts, pointing finger at yourself, basic human nature, funny how us humans are..... mirrors of ourselves in each others eyes, not liking in others what we have in ourselves, there is a beautiful lesson here for everyone, we can step aside and view it with wisdom, or jump on the old samsara cart, and off we go! weeeeee!

Yes indeed I did reference many books, but these were books that explicitly explain how to get to enlightenment. Not books written by people with no idea of 'The Truth' who are just doing some second hand philosophizing, as I suspect may be the case with those books ttt listed above. While it may be nice to read books which posit at truth, only first hand experience with non-conceptual reality can satisfy your craving for it. Those books I listed help to lead one there. Conceptual language is not all evil, but it can point at the truth with varying degrees of accuracy.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 10 Years ago at 12/25/13 6:29 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/25/13 6:29 PM

Triple Think,

Just browsing through your links, suggested readings and sources...

Deep as the Ocean and Wide as Reason, personally , for me just to contemplate Girard's ideas on desire as mimetic, will take a while ...

Personally, I have come to understand that Insight can be gained from reading other's thoughts and ideas in books, as long as it is incorporated and understood. In the same way experiences in Insight Meditation Methods do not neccessarily add to the betterment of the individual practicing if there is no understood experience.

Just a few notes:

Omega Point is a term coined by the French Jesuit Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881–1955) to describe a maximum level of complexity and consciousness towards which he believed the universe was evolving.

After Einstein's death Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision was found open on Einstein's desk.
http://www.velikovsky.org/en/work.html

Some critics have pointed out that while Girard may be the first to have suggested that all desire is mimetic, he is by no means the first to have noticed that some desire is mimetic. (Which corresponds in Neuroscience to mirror neurons and there function)
thumbnail
Psi, modified 10 Years ago at 12/25/13 6:47 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 12/25/13 6:47 PM

T DC

Okay, well explained.

peace

Breadcrumb