destructive unproductive post

thumbnail
Andy Coke, modified 13 Years ago at 5/14/10 5:28 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 5/14/10 5:28 AM

destructive unproductive post

Hi there,

don't you get pissed off and feel insulted every time you see the rubbish "spiritual" cultures that we have around? Why do we have to have such a big amount of useless bullshit in the market when we could get simple and useful teachings?

Last thing that I saw was a video that a friend said I "should" watch, and it was of a "teacher" (won't say the name, of course) throwing metaphors for 15 minutes and baffling about a broken finger... more than 200 people he had in the room. What did they learn? I don't know, I learnt nothing from the video. Actually, I could have payed attention to the feelings of disgust that I had when I saw it. Thanks for that mate! Or maybe is that I'm not ready yet to understand the deepness of his wisdom.

Conclusion: I'm astonished at how stupid people can be, AND I'm very grateful for the existence of this forum and for Daniel & Co's work.

Andy
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 13 Years ago at 5/16/10 1:29 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 5/16/10 1:29 AM

RE: destructive unproductive post

It's a strange world with strange people with strange tastes, isn't it?
thumbnail
Dark Night Yogi, modified 13 Years ago at 5/17/10 11:13 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 5/17/10 11:13 AM

is the teacher famous? im asking coz recently i came across 'transcendental meditation' and did a bit of research and digging in the net - facebook and their websites. my mom also tried this in the 60's and said she had a bad experience,
well what i found scared the shit out of me. spiritual abuse, spiritual materialism. As people who know better, we can guide the many who might be sucked into these stuff. It's not that difficult, after all, The Beatles advocate tm. And i believed Jasmuheen when I first saw her 'Breatharian' video, (Im still undecided on whether bretharian is real myself based on other peoples' experiences) and I thought Jhanananda (A dharma teacher) also knew his stuff. So, i think it can get pretty tricky, and just when i think im so wise, thats the time I slip and get fooled.
thumbnail
Andy Coke, modified 13 Years ago at 6/10/10 4:02 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 6/10/10 4:02 PM

Hey DNY, the fellow is quite famous yes. I'll send you the link in a private message if I find how to do that!

Breadcrumb