Ian Practice Log

Ian, modified 10 Years ago at 1/17/14 11:25 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 1/17/14 11:25 PM

Ian Practice Log

I am going to nail down noting these coming weeks and try to get up to 1+ per second. Also 30 minutes of dedicated mahasi breath/noting meditation per day. Hoping to be able to report progress of some sort or another.
Ian, modified 10 Years ago at 1/18/14 1:55 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 1/18/14 1:55 PM

RE: Ian Practice Log

40 minutes of walking and then 40 minutes of sitting. I noticed during the walking that I am able to focus on the feeling of movement much more succesfully with the eyes closed; however, this does lead me to stray from my gravel path occassionally. I've noticed over the past few weeks that many sensations that I experience such as the feeling of my feet on the ground or the feeling of the breath in my stomach area are 'supplemented' with mental images of what is happening. I often find myself picturing the gravel patterns that are making the particular sensations in my feet or seeing a sine wave moving across my stomach. Near the end of my sitting I managed to get in a few breaths that felt as if I was almost solely feeling rather than seeing the breath. I take this to be an improvement. Any opinions?
Ian, modified 10 Years ago at 1/19/14 10:38 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 1/19/14 10:38 PM

RE: Ian Practice Log

20 minutes of walking and 20 minutes of sitting. I'm able to temporarily manipulate my perception of my bodily feelings so that it seems that they have no "place." I focus on the fact that bodily sensations are simply sensations, and for a few seconds it feels as if my body is not solid but just an illusion. Besides this nothing to report.

Breadcrumb