is this shit even real?

thumbnail
Jake, modified 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 8:53 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 8:51 AM

is this shit even real?

is this dark night shit even real? I feel like i am losing my tits over here. I don't even know what to think at this point. I think I am identifying with the dark night, with the feelings, the spaciness, the lack of concentration, lack of direction, lack of giving any sort of shit anymore.

This whole thing is actually fucking crazy. I can't talk to anyone about it because they thing I'm an insane person

what am i

this shit is insane

I didn't even know what meditation was until about a year ago. All I did was read a book, felt my identity drop away, and lived in bliss for like 2 months. Then shit went south and everything reversed on me and I've been living some strange pseudo life ever since. Cant socialize, can't enjoy anything. Going to the bahamas in a week and I could actually care less. jesus LORD

don't ban me please. just having a tough time right now. i also enjoy reading posts on the dark night and on these forums, it makes me feel like I am not going berserk
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 1:01 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 1:00 PM

RE: is this shit even real?

Jake WM:
is this dark night shit even real? I feel like i am losing my tits over here. I don't even know what to think at this point. I think I am identifying with the dark night, with the feelings, the spaciness, the lack of concentration, lack of direction, lack of giving any sort of shit anymore.

This whole thing is actually fucking crazy. I can't talk to anyone about it because they thing I'm an insane person

what am i

this shit is insane

I didn't even know what meditation was until about a year ago. All I did was read a book, felt my identity drop away, and lived in bliss for like 2 months. Then shit went south and everything reversed on me and I've been living some strange pseudo life ever since. Cant socialize, can't enjoy anything. Going to the bahamas in a week and I could actually care less. jesus LORD

don't ban me please. just having a tough time right now. i also enjoy reading posts on the dark night and on these forums, it makes me feel like I am not going berserk

Hey Jake,
I just reread all your posts...
Ya, the dark night is as real as anything is. The experience is as real as real gets. What you do with it is another matter. What are you doing? Are you meditating? What kind? Are you noting?
You need to work your way thru the DN territories and get to Equanimity. I would recommend a noting practice...it can be a bit harsh in some peoples experience but it seems to make it very clear and get you thru fast. I wish I had done this instead of cycling thru it for almost 20 years. If you want to chat I'd be happy to. I'll pm you.
What is your goal?
thumbnail
Jake, modified 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 1:27 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 1:27 PM

Dream Walker:
Jake WM:

what am i

this shit is insane

Hey Jake,
I just reread all your posts...
Ya, the dark night is as real as anything is. The experience is as real as real gets. What you do with it is another matter. What are you doing? Are you meditating? What kind? Are you noting?
You need to work your way thru the DN territories and get to Equanimity. I would recommend a noting practice...it can be a bit harsh in some peoples experience but it seems to make it very clear and get you thru fast. I wish I had done this instead of cycling thru it for almost 20 years. If you want to chat I'd be happy to. I'll pm you.
What is your goal?

Thanks Dream Walker. I understand exactly what I need to do in order to progress through this, but I am having an extremely difficult time doing so. Meditation is a challenge because it is difficult to concentrate. If you have read my previous posts, you might have seen my story about what exactly I did to unknowingly cause this. I had no prior meditation experience and that scares me a bit. Just realized I was beginning to ramble so anyway I got your PM, appreciate it. I replied back to you.
thumbnail
Jake, modified 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 7:20 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 2/26/14 7:20 PM

The dilemma has been solved (not the dark night unfortunately, heheh) and Dream Walker has really helped me out with some great pointers and advice.

Thanks DW!