Weird Psychic Stuff

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 9:18 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 9:18 AM

Weird Psychic Stuff

Duel Ventilation shafts, dual spirits, blinking eyes, and recurring head stuff from day to day. What does all this have to do with Arahantship? Or Buddha-hood for that matter.
thumbnail
Avi Craimer, modified 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 12:18 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 12:18 PM

RE: Weird Psychic Stuff

Can you be a bit more specific about what you're experiencing?

In general, there is a lot of unusual dualistic experience on the way to non-dual consciousness. Think of it as peeling back layers of an onion. First, the duality of the ordinary physical world drops but then you realize that the duality of our consciousness has a lot more layers, including all the weird psychic stuff you allude to. Getting to arhatship requires seeing all of it, the normal stuff and the strange stuff.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 2:44 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 2:28 PM

RE: Weird Psychic Stuff

A D R:
Duel Ventilation shafts, dual spirits, blinking eyes, and recurring head stuff from day to day. What does all this have to do with Arahantship? Or Buddha-hood for that matter.

Perhaps ask yourself; what action is occurring right now that is causing such dissatisfaction? Not occurrence, but action. Perhaps contemplate the notion that it isn't a random occurrence that is causing this dissatisfaction, but some mind born action, which perhaps is allowing a belief structure to trigger the dissatisfaction.

You want to end the dissatisfaction. This is obvious from your posts. Perhaps sit down and ask yourself what 'belief structure' is holding this dissatisfaction in place?

My dissatisfaction = the discrepancies between all these occurences and what the frack 'arahantship' or 'buddhahood' really means in my mind.

VS

My dissatisfaction = the habitual mind-born actions, due to not seeing, that start with unseen urges that trigger thought loops/belief structures* to take shape which then trigger and are re-triggered by shitty unpleasantness in the physical body, looping back and re-enforcing this process of dissatisfaction again and again and again.

* such as what the frack 'arahantship' and 'buddhahood' should be or shouldn't be consisting of.

I think the best plan of action when one is battling such doubts and craziness, is to sit down and ask oneself, what is the belief in the mind in this very moment that is at the core of this experience of dissatisfaction. Name it, say it out loud, write it down. Then question the hell out of it: is it valid? where does it come from? how does it manifest? is it subtle? is it gross? Does it come and go, come and go? What happens when it is absent?Why does it still 'come' to then go? How is it giving 'shape' to my reality? Burn the paper it was written down on. Let its 'absence' present in and of itself just by allowing there be space for its absence to be noticed. Ignorance and blindness keeps things chugging along. Paying attention to (and questioning) 'belief structures' will allow them space to drop. The questioning may not even result in 'answers', but the very act of questioning will allow space to unclench and relax your fist*.

*Not sure if this will make sense, but clench your fist tight and think thoughts, "I must clench my fist!!!! Keep clenching tight! Keep going!!! This is what I must do!!!". Now stop those thoughts and start questioning "Why am I clenching my fist so hard? What is the purpose? Why am I listening to Nick? What does clenching my fist result in?". I assume there may be more tendency to relax and unclench (let go of) your fist than when thinking the former thoughts.

Nick