OCD/Psychosis

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 9:31 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 9:31 AM

OCD/Psychosis

I see a therapist from time to time, per the request of my parents.

I have great difficulty talking about my mind and meditation, as it is all so theoretical. Drugs have played a major role in getting me to where I am today, so using spiritual terminology is often times not practical, if not down right frightening.

How is one supposed to engage in cognitive behavioral therapy when the very content of the mind is shifting and any attempt at extracting via a third party exposes vulnerabilities in the matrix?
Adam , modified 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 12:43 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/6/14 12:43 PM

RE: OCD/Psychosis

How is one supposed to engage in cognitive behavioral therapy when the very content of the mind is shifting and any attempt at extracting via a third party exposes vulnerabilities in the matrix?

Just one issue at a time, knowing they are all linked... the matrix includes your fear about the matrix
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 3/7/14 11:42 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/7/14 11:42 AM

Yeah, I just realized eating lunch today that basically I have been on one long trip ever since the summer of 2011...and I am finally coming down back to reality. That's about all I could say about my experiences with the dark night and everything. I guess if my therapist thinks that I am healed then she will dismiss me.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 10 Years ago at 3/7/14 12:24 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/7/14 12:24 PM

It is true that the states of mind shift, but CBT works at a very simple and function level most of the time as I understand it, and so making it too complex isn't necessary. There are general mind states, moods, and our habitual reactions to those and patterns of action. CBT as I know it works on the level of function most of all: do simple things that improve how our lives go and avoid the patterns of action that cause trouble.

Mindfulness helps us identify what we are doing and allows us to have the clarity to try to choose a more appropriate response, which is what CBT as I understand it is about.