Theravada Dharma Group in Buffalo, NY

BBC Cashdollar, modified 13 Years ago at 5/24/10 1:36 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 5/24/10 1:36 PM

Theravada Dharma Group in Buffalo, NY

I'm new to practice, ie: have just started mindfulness breath meditation and working to make the 8 fold path more a part of my life. I've been looking for either a dharma teacher or group, preferably in the Theravada tradition, but I haven't had any luck. There are a couple of zen sitting groups but no apparently no local teachers. What we do have in Buffalo is a lot of Burmese refugees and several Burmese Temples. I work with refugees, so I approached a local monk about identifying a local dharma teacher with an interest in working with westerners, and I'm waiting to here back. I am aware that a lot of the Burmese monks resettled in the US are having a hard time maintaining their monastic practice.

So with that said are there any folks in the Buffalo area with an interest in participating in a dharma group in the Theravada tradition. My thought is if there's enough people here we might be able to work with a Burmese Temple to provide Dharma training/teaching while supporting the temple of a local community that's getting on their feet. Let me know.

Breadcrumb