A&P without bliss?

thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 10 Years ago at 3/21/14 10:32 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/21/14 10:31 AM

A&P without bliss?

Last night I had my first obvious A&P in about two months. I had just finished up with a 30 minute session of Reichian exercises, and I was feeling static-electricity-like energy throughout my whole body (and, weirdly, mostly in my arms). Right after the Reichian I began meditating by focusing on my chakras one-by-one from the bottom up. While I was doing this I was considering the idea of kundalini as it relates to sexual tantra, and where the A&P fits into sexual tantra. After I focused on each individual chakra I focused on all of them at once; in about a minute I felt an increase in vibrations and intensity of the energy in phase with the breath. I thought, "Awww shet, speak of da devil" as the vibrations continued to intensify, especially in my head. At this point my skin got very hot, and my heart started beating faster.

Besides focusing on chakras prior, the above is the typical beginning of an A&P for me. Throughout the whole intensity-crescendo I never experience bliss. I mainly experience a mild sense of apprehension and I generally feel that I'm resisting something. Eventually, the vibrations will get so intense in my head that I put the brakes on by opening my eyes for a second or two, then the vibrations will wane and I end up in dissolution. This is how last night played out (although I let the vibrations intensify much longer than usual).

Also, my last obvious A&P (before last night) was exactly as Daniel describes here (without the climax; I resisted)
I began trying to catch it, second after second, really going after the visceral, perceptual experience of what was observing, and before I knew it, got into this rapid-fire back and forth, super-concentrated state of everything vibrating in my head, and the whole thing zapped back through my skull at very high speed into some black space, and it was done

Now, as far as chakras go I'd be willing to wager that my brow/crown chakras are much more active than my lower centers (especially heart). Is this why A&Ps are so head-focused for me? Is this why the A&P isn't pleasant for me?

Are A&Ps usually blissful? Am I resisting the full A&P event because it's not blissful/pleasant, or is it not blissful because I'm resisting the lack of control from the beginning of the A&P?

And, my most important question, does resisting the A&P event matter? Am I resisting some necessary energetic process? If so, how do I let down my resistance?

Any stabs at these questions would really help. Thanks.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 3/21/14 1:14 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/21/14 1:14 PM

RE: A&P without bliss?

An a&p without bliss would be the mark of a pretty advanced yogi I think.
thumbnail
Eric G, modified 10 Years ago at 3/21/14 4:23 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/21/14 4:23 PM

I think the A&P can be mild for beginners or advanced, depending on the person and conditions like concentration. Maybe just a little more pleasant or a touch more light.

The A&P for me in day to day life is definitely pleasant, a bit of brightness, a bit of an electric feeling. If I'm well concentrated I can get a lot of joy there. From what I can tell, Daniel is a very intense guy emoticon

Maybe feel that resistance and be aware of it, allow it, and maybe when you see it like that it might let go a bit.

I'm not much of a chakra guy but there's definitely something going on in the brow area.
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 10 Years ago at 3/22/14 11:29 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/21/14 9:25 PM

Eric G:
I think the A&P can be mild for beginners or advanced, depending on the person and conditions like concentration. Maybe just a little more pleasant or a touch more light.

The A&P for me in day to day life is definitely pleasant, a bit of brightness, a bit of an electric feeling. If I'm well concentrated I can get a lot of joy there. From what I can tell, Daniel is a very intense guy emoticon

Maybe feel that resistance and be aware of it, allow it, and maybe when you see it like that it might let go a bit.

I'm not much of a chakra guy but there's definitely something going on in the brow area.

My A&Ps are intense, but perhaps I overstate the intensity because unpleasant raptures naturally tend to register as 'intense'. I think it's worth mentioning my concentration is pitiful (to be distinguished from piti-ful (; ). Does concentration power smooth out or make pleasurable the A&P?
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 10 Years ago at 3/22/14 3:35 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/22/14 3:35 PM

Droll Dedekind:
Am I resisting the full A&P event because it's not blissful/pleasant, or is it not blissful because I'm resisting the lack of control from the beginning of the A&P?

I didn't really answer my own question, I provided a possible explanation, viz. the second above

I realize it's a possibility, but I'm hoping for more nuanced advice. How are you so sure? Is it at all possible that my A&Ps just aren't pleasant?

Thanks
thumbnail
Eric M W, modified 10 Years ago at 3/22/14 9:02 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/22/14 9:02 PM

A&Ps tend to be blissful, but this is not always the case. Some people may find them scary, unsettling, or just plain weird, no bliss involved. Daniel talks about this in his Cheetah House videos if I recall correctly.

Some people find Dissolution blissful but others (such as myself) it sucked balls. emoticon Everyone is different!
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 10:03 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 10:03 AM

Eric M W:
A&Ps tend to be blissful, but this is not always the case. Some people may find them scary, unsettling, or just plain weird, no bliss involved. Daniel talks about this in his Cheetah House videos if I recall correctly.

Some people find Dissolution blissful but others (such as myself) it sucked balls. emoticon Everyone is different!

Ah, I found that clip. Thank you.

Now, is there a reason I should let the A&P event happen to its fullest extent (even though it feels like there's a buzzing beehive shaking back and forth in my head)?
thumbnail
Eric M W, modified 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 10:47 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 10:47 AM

Droll Dedekind:
Eric M W:

Now, is there a reason I should let the A&P event happen to its fullest extent (even though it feels like there's a buzzing beehive shaking back and forth in my head)?

That's a good question... I'd say let it happen as much as you can stand it, while paying attention to the 3Cs of what's going on. When the A&P is "crossed" it is often a pretty big thing so it makes sense to let it crescendo.
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 12:04 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 12:04 PM

Eric M W:
Droll Dedekind:
Eric M W:

That's a good question... I'd say let it happen as much as you can stand it, while paying attention to the 3Cs of what's going on. When the A&P is "crossed" it is often a pretty big thing so it makes sense to let it crescendo.

Maybe someone can provide some reassurance that my third eye isn't going to explode open and cause some kind of energetic imbalance/short circuit. That'd make me resist less.
thumbnail
Eric M W, modified 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 12:45 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 12:45 PM

I personally have never heard of that happening. I had all of reality explode in my A&P but I still seem to be alive emoticon

Have you ever tried Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways program to help balance and strengthen your energy body?

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?130-new-energy-ways

Hopefully a more experienced practitioner will come along and put your doubts to rest.
thumbnail
Dada Kind, modified 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 2:41 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 2:41 PM

Thanks. I was using Robert Bruce's system when I first started meditating but never kept it up. Perhaps I should work on that. Also, Robert Bruce and Robert Anton Wilson both warn against opening higher chakras before the heart. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9C892sV5X4