Arahant , Reality vs Myth

thumbnail
Psi, modified 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 11:48 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/23/14 11:46 PM

Arahant , Reality vs Myth

Arahant, thus I have heard talk of Arahants experiencing , anger, sadness, jealousy, lustfulness, etc. That Arahants have no consciouness, that Arahants have developed a disassociative disorder, etc etc. That it is all a myth and is unattainable.

Anger is a form of Not wanting something the way it is. Aka(also known as) Craving

Sadness is a form of not wanting to accept things as they are presently. Aka Craving

Jealousy, is a form of wanting something. aka Craving

Lustfulness , again wanting something Aka Craving

Craving is liking to have something and the flipside of craving is the liking to not have something.

That covers greed and anger, there is one more culprit, delusion. The me delusion. The delusion that there is a me that wants something. For instance, say there is a new Ipad that comes out, one might think:

I want the Ipad.

Now, we will remove the me delusion, (I), and remove the craving (want). The sentence will now more closely resemble reality, ( as fas as concepts can take us anyway) and read like this.

Ipad.

Going one more step, the concepts are dropped, and there is just the blank space below represented by the empty double spacing.

Then, when one wants, the thinking process is re- activated, just as the eyelids are opened when seeing is needed.

So there is dukkha and there is cessation of dukkha, and where there is cessation of dukkha, there is no place for anger, sadness, jealousy, or lustfulness to arise from.

Then there is the path, mind training, one starts seated , meditating, then one gets a little calm, gains a little insight, ( like , oh I see, this is all just nerve impulses, and a little space from mindfulness, and aha! I don't HAVE to react, one can simply observe the arising and passing away, which everything does. Then one expands the path from the formal seated meditations into their daily living (as is the satipatthana sutta, mindful while walking standing sitting moving limbs pooping thinking reacting, and every possible thing that can happen to a fathom long universe of a body) i.e. the practice becomes morning to night, head to toe, heart to mind ( to paraphrase the late Ayya Khema)

Just gonna stop here, probably either one already knows this all already or ego formations will want to argue and defend the illusory need to cling to me-ness, greed and anger.

Lots of times I write a post like this, then not send it out, cuz , sometimes it seems pointless, but , guess this one is getting sent, right, now
Banned For waht?, modified 10 Years ago at 3/24/14 6:08 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/24/14 6:08 AM

RE: Arahant , Reality vs Myth

the point is that you are in the middle,
you don't know the starting point nor you don't know the end. That means craving was already there when you become aware of it.

You could defeat anger one way but there is another way around the corner.

Thats why is emptiness mediation the only way after you realise emptiness, becasue your corners what your logic is relying on are not concrete.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 10 Years ago at 3/24/14 12:13 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/24/14 12:13 PM

Rist Ei:
you don't know the starting point nor you don't know the end. That means craving was already there when you become aware of it. ( Unless craving is cut off before it arises, then it can not arise, one has to be mindful enough to see feeling as feeling, and just let it be as it is.)

You could defeat anger one way but there is another way around the corner. ( Anger is defeated if it does not arise)

Thats why is emptiness mediation the only way after you realise emptiness, becasue your corners what your logic is relying on are not concrete (when you say emptiness meditation, what is that defined as?).
thumbnail
Psi, modified 10 Years ago at 3/24/14 12:24 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/24/14 12:24 PM

Paweł K:
true arahant take this title only for people's sake as they are much more likely to listen to him when he claim this or that. Buddha himself played this charade for the same exact reason. Imho he would not give a f... what he was but had something to give to people so he had to sounds like being something because its what people want most: 'to be somebody'(Or maybe, Buddha played the charade out of compassion)

so if someone have to think of himself 'I am The Arahant' to spiritually get off then such person is not genuinely arahant imho (Yes, that sounds true enough, An Arahant,imho, would not crave for any persona approval, etc, the same as a raindrop falling from a could would not say, look at me I am a special raindrop)

as for emotions, imho arhat should have great control over them. Again, only for teraching/educational purposes, because when someone is arahat it is only because he is a teacher and dharma teacher should behave accordingly, give example to what one should strive for. (From what I can tell, correct behavior becomes a natural habit, i.ie. instead of negative habitual tendencies, an Arahant would have replaced with positive habitual tendencies. Which would take alot of hard work, correct work, and effort, combined with any and all other factors required to overcome millions and millions of years of evolution, and who knows what else.).
Banned For waht?, modified 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 6:53 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 6:53 AM

Psi Phi:
Rist Ei:
you don't know the starting point nor you don't know the end. That means craving was already there when you become aware of it. ( Unless craving is cut off before it arises, then it can not arise, one has to be mindful enough to see feeling as feeling, and just let it be as it is.)

You could defeat anger one way but there is another way around the corner. ( Anger is defeated if it does not arise)

Thats why is emptiness mediation the only way after you realise emptiness, becasue your corners what your logic is relying on are not concrete (when you say emptiness meditation, what is that defined as?).

Basically it is mindfulness practice. But you need to let go at some point to get to an another level, then also your understanding is different as it was before. Its like breaking the dam.
it is vippassana, its every practice, the thing is that after you know what is emptiness you know why you are doing these practices. At the end it all sums up to letting go. Sometimes conversation can lead to a let go.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 10:07 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/25/14 10:07 AM

Rist Ei:
Psi Phi:
Rist Ei:

Basically it is mindfulness practice. But you need to let go at some point to get to an another level, then also your understanding is different as it was before. Its like breaking the dam.
it is vippassana, its every practice, the thing is that after you know what is emptiness you know why you are doing these practices. At the end it all sums up to letting go. Sometimes conversation can lead to a let go.

Right! That is what was meant in the original post, by going one more step where the concepts are dropped represented below by the empty double spaced section, I just did not use a word to describe it, but if there was a word, then emptiness is a great word! Excellent! Letting go of it all, everything.

Emptiness

Psi

Breadcrumb