The DMT vs. LSD mindframe

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 4/2/14 8:38 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/2/14 8:38 PM

The DMT vs. LSD mindframe

I am dedicating this post to the great Tommy (who I haven't seen on here in a while). That guy is a genius in learning how to deactivate the effects of cannabis on the related aspects of the nervous system.

I have had to stop smoking weed. Its been almost three years now. The desire is basically almost non-existent now, so that's good.

A couple of years ago, I took LSD. A little later that summer I made and smoked some powerful DMT...

One of these experiences was fun. It was high times and magical. That was the LSD.

The DMT was a different story. I had this crush on the sexy alchemical mother. I wanted to enter her lair at all costs. So I sacrificed my own health for a glimpse into her dominion. I made myself her bitch.

So...if you really want to know. LSD is fun. DMT is high spiritual horror. Combine the two and you have got a very balanced and sane life.

The end.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 4/2/14 8:40 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/2/14 8:40 PM

RE: The DMT vs. LSD mindframe (Answer)

I might mention that taking drugs is potentially dangerous.
T DC, modified 9 Years ago at 4/2/14 10:38 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/2/14 10:38 PM

RE: The DMT vs. LSD mindframe

Could you elaborate a bit perhaps? Having never done either, I am interested in what the experience is like. Especially the way you describe DMT. What do you mean?
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 7:34 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 7:34 AM

T DC:
Could you elaborate a bit perhaps? Having never done either, I am interested in what the experience is like. Especially the way you describe DMT. What do you mean?

Content wise, DMT gave me a full on enlightened experience. My meditation changed, I gained access to states I never could before, I had memories that seemed like past life experiences, etc. It also paved the way for three years of mental illness. Its a trade off I have accepted, but must warn against in either case.

LSD was very, very nice. Too nice...so I have no plans on taking it again, as my nervous system is in a rather delicate state right now and I like my life as things go.
Tom Tom, modified 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 1:29 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 1:16 AM

Hi Adam, check your inbox, I messaged you with a question. I've done NN-DMT on several occasions and have never had a bad trip with it. Was it NN-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT or both? DMT is an extremely altered (this is an understatement) and primarily visual experience that only lasts about 5 minutes. In a "breakthrough" state it replaces all normal sensory experience with something altogether different and indescribable.
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 2:18 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 2:02 AM

Drugs can have a vastly different effect depending on the insight stage we are in. Rule of thumb is that they should be avoided in the dark night. LSD can be great in very low dose in equanimity, ideally high equanimity. I used it on myself to get rid of affects and help me open myself up to the people that I love, and re-establish an healthy relationship with them. The trick is to not use more than we can handle to stay in "this world", using it simply as a very powerful anxiolytic instead of a psychedelic.

DMT is a different beast and I never dared to smoke it. The few times I drank it in combination with harmine (Ayahuasca), I could only take a few sip as it was way too powerful. On the other hand, harmine alone is the substance that give the cleanest meditative experience when used moderately. I'm not advocating for its use, as I didn't do much research on the potential harmful effects (it's an MAOI so precaution are required) but I did get something positive out of it.
Shel S, modified 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 11:00 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 11:00 AM

I've never smoked DMT, but i've drank ayahuasca with a shaman many times. It was always a profound and healing experience. However if I compressed that 8 hours into 5-10 minutes, like you're doing when you smoke DMT, I don't think you're doing yourself any favors. It just seems like too much info to assimilate to be of any benefit. Just my opinion.
Banned For waht?, modified 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 11:19 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 11:19 AM

"Some creative people insist that taking drugs helped their spiritual growth"

http://www.ascendedmasteranswers.com/spiritual-path/walking-the-path/135-some-creative-people-insist-that-taking-drugs-helped-their-spiritual-growth
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 4:41 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/3/14 4:41 PM

Thank you all for your positive responses. I wish you the very best in finding your own alchemical secret recipes.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 6/19/14 11:36 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 6/19/14 11:36 AM

The Psychadelic Baseline, and how to access it.

You have positive feeling tone, negative feeling tone, and baseline.

First, project a positive feeling in some part of the body. Or tune in. Or observe. There are many verbs that could go here. Arhat the thing.

After some time, the positive will change into a negative. Its not going to hurt you, so just remain detached.

Baseline will settle in.

The process will want to repeat itself, allow this to happen. Eventually you will enter a psychadelic state.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 5:27 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 5:26 PM

I am not sure (actually I feel fairly confident that it won't) if this pertains to anybody, but after you have had your LSD mindstates, your DMT mindstates, your mushroom mindstates, your ecstacy mindstates, your LSA mindstates, your MAOI inhibitor mindstates, your meth mindstates, your cannibis mindstates, your speed mindstates, your salvia mindstates, your alcohol mindstates, and your pain killer mindstates (not to mention the plethera of mindstates related to legal, procribed psychiatric drugs), please return to the Buddha mind (aka come back to god, or whatever else you might put here...I don't really know) and join us for a great time.

All for now,

ADR
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 6:05 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 6:05 PM

Adam Dietrich Ringle:
I am dedicating this post to the great Tommy (who I haven't seen on here in a while). That guy is a genius in learning how to deactivate the effects of cannabis on the related aspects of the nervous system.

I have had to stop smoking weed. Its been almost three years now. The desire is basically almost non-existent now, so that's good.

Could you elaborate on that? I started again using cannabis on and off a few months ago. It's habit forming for sure, but not in a very explicit way. It's subtle, but still. There is something about the thought of using cannabis which contain a projection of the feeling. 
John Wilde, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 6:20 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 6:20 PM

Simon T.:

Could you elaborate on that? I started again using cannabis on and off a few months ago. It's habit forming for sure, but not in a very explicit way. It's subtle, but still. There is something about the thought of using cannabis which contain a projection of the feeling. 

It often escapes notice, but people also develop an addiction to the small amount of tobacco they mix with. If you find yourself craving cannabis, and you think of having it without tobacco, is it still as appealing, or do you find you could take it or leave it? In my case: take it or leave it.
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 8:07 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 8:07 PM

John Wilde:
Simon T.:

It often escapes notice, but people also develop an addiction to the small amount of tobacco they mix with. If you find yourself craving cannabis, and you think of having it without tobacco, is it still as appealing, or do you find you could take it or leave it? In my case: take it or leave it.

I use a vaporizer so I don't mix with tobacco (I'm a health conscious druggie). I think strains high in THC might be more problematic, as they tend to activate an identification thought process. A kind of mental delusion that the experience that we are having is good, that the food is good, that weed is great, and so forth. I have medical strains high in CBD which don't give any high but have a painkiller and anxiolitic effect. It seems relatively ok to be used in equanimity but I notice there are important negative effects in the dark night than generally outweight the benefits. 

I have been using some nicotine gums almost daily for a few months to alleviate some terrible headache I get sometimes. I was never a smoker but I knew nicotine had effect. I was worried it would become addicting and surprisingly, and don't notice any signs of addictions. By this, I mean the thought of using nicotine doesn't arise if I don't get the headache (which are improving). It's possible that the slow delivery of the nicotine over 30 minutes, and the fact that there is no hand movement and instant-reward to form an habit, lower the addictive effect.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 9:06 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 9:06 PM

I tried meditation as taught by Daniel . I had an series of episodes which led to psychiatric meds. This is how i go to sleep at night. I don't understand it fully yet.

Breadcrumb