J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:18 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:18 PM

I am the Tathagata.

Yup.

Debate.
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:29 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:29 PM

RE: I am the Tathagata.

I feel like I have to share, and be less stingy with my Dharma. Please ask, I will clarify all questions concerning this Dharma.

emoticon
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:41 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:41 PM

Friends, be not heedless. Heedlessness is death, the heedful die not.

I will urge you, I will instruct you. If you would let me, and in no long time you will abide and remain in the goal of the holy life.

Here there is no stinginess, here is completion.
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:57 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 2:57 PM

How are you guys anyway?
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 6:51 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 6:51 PM

Paweł K:
James Yen:
I feel like I have to share, and be less stingy with my Dharma. Please ask, I will clarify all questions concerning this Dharma.

first it would be good if you write some kind of outline about general type of your enlightenment and what is needed to get there

is it the 'realistic' kind which is blissless and dry or something that is for a change interesting ?

It's literally just canonically what the Buddha taught.

It leads straight to the end of suffering, to cessation, to peace and dispassion. It is visible here and now. What is seen are the four noble truths, the path itself is the noble eightfold path.

I currently dwell in the state of a sekha, trainee. Wherein I touch the deathless with my body, which is essentially jhana. In other words I witness the truth with my body. I am a living example of what the Buddha taught.

I have no idea why no one here takes me seriously, but I suppose it has to do with my thirst for attention and the fact that I don't meditate in a formal sense.

I do practice jhana however, but it is not what you describe, which is basically throwing your mind at an object. Rather I am absorbed in contentment, secluded from sensual pleasures, witnessing this Dharma with my body.

Does that help?
thumbnail
Psi, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 11:57 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 11:57 PM

James Yen:
Paweł K:
James Yen:

first it would be good if you write some kind of outline about general type of your enlightenment and what is needed to get there

is it the 'realistic' kind which is blissless and dry or something that is for a change interesting ?

It's literally just canonically what the Buddha taught.

It leads straight to the end of suffering, to cessation, to peace and dispassion. It is visible here and now. What is seen are the four noble truths, the path itself is the noble eightfold path.

I currently dwell in the state of a sekha, trainee. Wherein I touch the deathless with my body, which is essentially jhana. In other words I witness the truth with my body. I am a living example of what the Buddha taught.

I have no idea why no one here takes me seriously, but I suppose it has to do with my thirst for attention and the fact that I don't meditate in a formal sense.

I do practice jhana however, but it is not what you describe, which is basically throwing your mind at an object. Rather I am absorbed in contentment, secluded from sensual pleasures, witnessing this Dharma with my body.

Does that help?

Okay, since what you stated above coincides with common sense, I will go along with the question and answer game, supposing that since we live in the same universe, we are really all on the same team, right? So, game time, That is not the first question, here it is.

Dear Tathagata:

What is the root cause of suffering and unsatisfactoriness, the unease , the boredom, even my happy times are impermanent and do not last, what is the cause of this, it keeps happening over and over
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 12:22 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 12:22 AM

Ok disclaimer, even though I feel that I am the Tathagata, let's put that aside for now, because for all I know it could be some incredible twisted form delusion (even though I'm pretty certain I am). Let's put that aside.

When I speak of suffering I speak of the kind that you feel with your gut, deep inside, it is existential pain, it is the friction in the wheel cogs of a machine, it is "not rightness".

Something isn't right, there's this staticness, this murkiness, this angst, this pain, this friction.

There is this sorrow, lamentation, despair, aging, death, old age, grief, kinship with the unbeloved, separation from the loved.

In short: the five aggregates of clinging, are suffering.

None other than those things.

Now what do I mean when I say the end of suffering?

I mean the end of that not rightness, the fixing of the friction, the movement into lubrication, the utter peace and dispassion of Nibbana. I mean the full and complete fruition of the indriya and heedfulness such that one craves no more.

And via craving no more, realizes he is liberated.

That's all I got for now.
thumbnail
Psi, modified 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 1:34 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 1:34 AM

James Yen:
Ok disclaimer, even though I feel that I am the Tathagata, let's put that aside for now, because for all I know it could be some incredible twisted form delusion (even though I'm pretty certain I am). Let's put that aside.

When I speak of suffering I speak of the kind that you feel with your gut, deep inside, it is existential pain, it is the friction in the wheel cogs of a machine, it is "not rightness".

Something isn't right, there's this staticness, this murkiness, this angst, this pain, this friction.

There is this sorrow, lamentation, despair, aging, death, old age, grief, kinship with the unbeloved, separation from the loved.

In short: the five aggregates of clinging, are suffering.

None other than those things.

Now what do I mean when I say the end of suffering?

I mean the end of that not rightness, the fixing of the friction, the movement into lubrication, the utter peace and dispassion of Nibbana. I mean the full and complete fruition of the indriya and heedfulness such that one craves no more.

And via craving no more, realizes he is liberated.

That's all I got for now.

Okay, what you have stated makes perfect sense so far, First there is dukkha, and secondly there is something that starts up dukkha, it looks like that is craving.

Craving, maybe some of us don't know what craving is? Craving can be seen even in the behavior of the worms. For instance, a worm will move towards a pleasant sensation (say the warmth of the sun or wetness of the earth, , this would be the "I like it) side of craving, And also, a worm will move away from pain, or try to, say when ants are attacking its skin, or a bird pecks at its flesh, , a painful sensation, this is the (I dont like it mind) side of craving. So too a worlding moves throuh the world , the untrained mind attracted by pleasure and repulsed by pain. The untrained mind has no escape hatch to this situation and moves through life mindlessly reacting to one sensation after another, until death.

Okay, so there is Dukkha, and there is a source of dukkha in the mind, and thirdly you said earlier there is a stop to all this non-sensical dukkha, if I may ask,

Dear Tathagata, Is there a "way" that leads to the cessation of all this dukkha absurdity?
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 3:52 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 3:52 PM

You can't be the Tathagata because *I* am the Tathagata.
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 4:25 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 4:25 PM

The point I'm making is that I have something valuable to share. The point you're making is that you believe in and idolize this Richard figure and thus have the right to troll whoever you want in verbal arguments.

Sound about right Claudiu?

P.S

You believe this because you have adopted Richard's view that there are no consequences for your actions. Which is extremely dangerous.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 9:25 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 9:25 PM

James Yen:
The point I'm making is that I have something valuable to share. The point you're making is that you believe in and idolize this Richard figure and thus have the right to troll whoever you want in verbal arguments.

Sound about right Claudiu?

P.S

You believe this because you have adopted Richard's view that there are no consequences for your actions. Which is extremely dangerous.

James Yen, I am sincerely sorry that you missed my point.

My point was that I am the Tathagata.

I have gone fully beyond. I have the ten Tathagata powers. I can fully encompass another mind with my own. And etc.

Frankly you have not really shown me the respect due to a Tathagata. This is bad karma and you'll end up in a worse destination when you die. Not to mention that you falsely claim to be a Tathagaga, which is plain as day to me because of the Tathagata powers that I possess.

So James, stop lying please and you'll do yourself a great favor.
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 9:29 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 9:29 PM

As you say then.

Peace out.
Felipe C, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:01 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 9:59 PM

Can I be the Tathagata with you guys?
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:18 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:18 PM

I give up.

Just,

fuck this.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:26 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:26 PM

James Yen:
I give up.

Just,

fuck this.

Renunciation is quite an integral part of the noble path. Good work! If you keep it up maybe eventually you can earn enough merit to be born in a better station. I doubt that you can make it though, and my opinion is worth a lot since I am a Tathahata.
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:29 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:29 PM

I'm bored.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:45 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 10:45 PM

James Yen:
I'm bored.

Did you note the boredom?

I don't know why you would since it has nothing to do with anything but did you note it?

If yes then good. Also note that you noted the boredom and that you noticed the noting.

If not then note that you didn't note it.

Keep it up and one day you'll be super good at noting!
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 11:09 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 11:09 PM

I didn't, no.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 11:21 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 11:21 PM

James Yen:
I didn't, no.

James I'm afraid you're going straight to hell. I can no longer associate with you.
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 4:28 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 4:28 PM

What exactly do you bring to this community? Besides pro-Richardism. Which in Buddhist terms is a mix of hedonism, annihilationism and lack of belief in the efficacy of actions (Karma).

Richard also misses the point by attributing the cause of suffering to the existence of an entity.

P.S

Sakkaya ditthi.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 4:46 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 4:46 PM

Your fun, and that's not right. Karma isn't so hard after all.
thumbnail
Eric M W, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 8:50 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 8:50 PM

I think you need a therapist bro.
J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 9:29 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/19/14 9:29 PM

Okey dokey then.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 7:23 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 7:23 AM

Hi james.

I am quite aware that you are the tathagata.

I am also aware that in my own practice I have at times propigated DORJE SHUGDEN.

Be advised, my mind has been cleared.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 7:48 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/20/14 7:48 AM

Happy 420. Jesus salutes you.

Breadcrumb