So what is the point? And how does one come here?

J J, modified 9 Years ago at 4/23/14 5:10 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 4/23/14 5:10 PM

So what is the point? And how does one come here?

Practice right view, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness and right concentration.

It is that simple, a genuine recluse practices the noble eightfold path, a recluse who does not practice the noble eightfold path is not a recluse.

The point is to find something real, and cling to it. If you build your house on something false (unsturdy) it will break, therefore find what is real, a real cornerstone and build your house on it.

But a false premise will give you a false conclusion, and you will continue to whirl around, ever flowing on.

Years ago I learned pick-up (to pick up girls), it never worked, and I complained that no one ever saw who I was. But pick-up is based on the premise of pretending to be someone you're not. If you pretend to be someone you're not no one will ever see you. So it's no wonder I never got into a relationship, simply because there was no one to get into a relationship with!

Similarly it is necessary to be genuine in this Dharma, to ask what you really want and what your intentions are.

For me I just want to get laid, so I don't even know what I'm doing here.

Awkward.

Personally I would leave this place if I could, but I often am compelled (pulled) to come back, so I'm here to stay.
Ian, modified 9 Years ago at 5/17/14 7:34 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 5/17/14 7:34 PM

RE: So what is the point? And how does one come here?

James Yen:

For me I just want to get laid, so I don't even know what I'm doing here.

Awkward.

Isn't that what we're all here for? Babes dig the robes.

But really, what is your question? I'm having a hard time finding one I can address. With that being said, I probably wouldn't even be able to answer your question, supposing there is one, but that's what some of the more prolific posters could certainly do better than I(me, myself perhaps?).
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 5/17/14 8:41 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 5/17/14 8:41 PM

thumbnail
Zyndo Zyhion, modified 9 Years ago at 5/18/14 8:21 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 5/18/14 8:21 AM

Is the point to master all desires?
Is the point to be ethical?
What is wrong with wanting sex it that person also wants sex
Is sex really satisfying and the cause for happiness?
What are the relative and ultimate cause for happiness and can we have one with out the other?
More emportantly, and existentially what is the point?
Existentialist say there is no meanings so we must make it, by chosing our ethicall position in a changing world?
Are there any universal truths?
The Dalai Lama often takes about humans being and animal that is conditioned around affection and healthy attachment (see attachment theory) and this is the basis for us having a dual nature that is cooperative and empathetic and not just biologically competitive?
thumbnail
Tom Smith, modified 9 Years ago at 5/18/14 4:49 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 5/18/14 4:49 PM

Great post James Yen.  I don't know that I have an answer, but you post made me laugh.

Most women can "get laid" any time they want.  What is harder for a woman to find, and what they really want is an intimate relationship.  Focus on a true intimate relationship with a good woman and sex might just take care of itself.  

Breadcrumb