Removing personal information posted by Migration 6.2 Daemon?

Eric Shmeric, modified 9 Years ago at 5/12/14 1:31 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 5/12/14 1:30 PM

Removing personal information posted by Migration 6.2 Daemon?

Hi there,
It looks like the Screen Name function wasn't working before the Migration 6.2 Daemon transfer to the new site, and instead people's real names appear on some old posts. Unfortunately, because the 'owner' of those posts is now the Migration 6.2 Daemon itself, not the original poster, it's not possible to edit the original (real) name. This site is awesome, and I’d like to post more things, but I also have bills to pay, etc. There could be a lot of professional backlash if anything here is connected to my real name, and this entire site is searchable by Google. Even if I use an alias from now on, it is still connected to the older posts. Any ideas?
thumbnail
Simon Ekstrand, modified 9 Years ago at 5/12/14 2:04 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 5/12/14 2:04 PM

RE: Removing personal information posted by Migration 6.2 Daemon?

Eric:
Hi there,
It looks like the Screen Name function wasn't working before the Migration 6.2 Daemon transfer to the new site, and instead people's real names appear on some old posts. Unfortunately, because the 'owner' of those posts is now the Migration 6.2 Daemon itself, not the original poster, it's not possible to edit the original (real) name. This site is awesome, and I’d like to post more things, but I also have bills to pay, etc. There could be a lot of professional backlash if anything here is connected to my real name, and this entire site is searchable by Google. Even if I use an alias from now on, it is still connected to the older posts. Any ideas?

Hi, please see my reply to your post in the issues thread.

Simon

Breadcrumb