Karalee Peltomaa, modified 9 Years ago at 8/15/14 5:28 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/15/14 5:28 PM

Aloka David Smith new interview

thumbnail
Florian, modified 9 Years ago at 8/16/14 8:46 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/16/14 8:45 AM

RE: Aloka David Smith new interview

I really enjoyed it.

His analysis of Equanimity Ñana and Stream Entry is totally spot on, I think.

I also like his emphasis on emotional development and grounding awareness in the body.

Good stuff, pretty hardcore (in the DhO sense).

There's also an audio version and a podcast feed, via the Batgap Home Page, for those who don't like to sit in front of the computer for hours listening to it

Cheers,
Florian
thumbnail
Karalee Peltomaa, modified 9 Years ago at 8/16/14 12:34 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/16/14 12:34 PM

Yes, it was his emphasis on the basics of the actual doingness'es that eventually brought me to this forum.   For the first time I felt I understood what I was supposed to do and to accomplish while doing it.   

The only thing I bring to the practice that he does not have clearly is a checklist of basic goal sets which I see as the threads of the mind -- just pull the thread and huge segments of the thouight, emotion, effort, and other phenomenon just fall away (eventually).

I like his emphasis on not running away from the mind -- passively facing its turmoil.   He gave me a spine  :-))
thumbnail
Jason Snyder, modified 9 Years ago at 8/17/14 1:30 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/17/14 1:30 PM

I absolutely loved how he described his experience through stream entry and his emphasis on getting in the thick of difficult emotions and seeing their true nature. I was however turned off by his dismisal of secular Vipassana and mixing and matching of techniques. 

Breadcrumb