Edinburgh Practitioners

thumbnail
Andrew K, modified 9 Years ago at 8/25/14 4:17 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/25/14 4:17 AM

Edinburgh Practitioners

Hi DhO,

I recently moved to Edinburgh and would like to meet up with any fellow meditation practitioners to sit together, discuss practice, support each other etc.
I don't have a "venue" or place to share sitting sessions right now (I am living in someone else's apartment).

Also if anyone knows of any good resources/teachers/places to sit in Edinburgh, please do share them. Thanks a lot!

A bit about me: I'm 26 years old, art student, have been practicing Vipassana since 2008 and have done several Goenka retreats and a 30 day vipassana retreat in a monastery in Thailand. Read MCTB a few years ago and am interested in this approach to practice.

Andrew
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 9 Years ago at 8/26/14 3:45 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/26/14 3:45 AM

RE: Edinburgh Practitioners

I will actually be in Edinburgh (assuming you mean the one in Scotland, as there are a few of them, I think) somewhere in the last week in September for my wife's birthday vacation. Maybe we could do lunch or something if time permits. I don't know the exact times I will be there, as plans are still being finalized.
thumbnail
Andrew K, modified 9 Years ago at 8/26/14 5:56 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/26/14 5:56 AM

RE: Edinburgh Practitioners

Yep I do mean the one in Scotland (as far as I know there aren't any other Edinburgh's in the UK!); It'd be great to meet up with you. I'm currently based near the Meadows park, but Edinburgh is pretty small so it's quite easy to get anywhere.