non- sensory?

David Crump, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 6:06 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 6:06 AM

non- sensory?

This happened a few years ago.
I was taking part in a group meditation, some empowerment, can't remember the details, and we were visualising a 'moon disk' at/in our throat out of which were arising lots of  letter 'Ds'. There was also something about withdrawing and closing the gates of the senses. Everything, and it really was every 'thing', just went. Then 'it', awareness, started to creep back. All I could capture and remember was this all pervading 'blueness'.
I asked the teacher about this butI don't think she had much of an idea beyond the words she had to say and she got angry and told me to just carry on, follow the instructions, meditate as told, say the prayers ...

Does anyone have any insight. I'd be very grateful.

Ta David
x x, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 7:31 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 7:31 AM

RE: non- sensory?

David Crump:
This happened a few years ago.
I was taking part in a group meditation, some empowerment, can't remember the details, and we were visualising a 'moon disk' at/in our throat out of which were arising lots of  letter 'Ds'. There was also something about withdrawing and closing the gates of the senses. Everything, and it really was every 'thing', just went. Then 'it', awareness, started to creep back. All I could capture and remember was this all pervading 'blueness'.
I asked the teacher about this butI don't think she had much of an idea beyond the words she had to say and she got angry and told me to just carry on, follow the instructions, meditate as told, say the prayers ...

Does anyone have any insight. I'd be very grateful.

Ta David
Hard to say more without hearing about your practice at the time and events leading up the the experience.

Sounds like an A&P event. Senses withdrawing is the effect of very good concentration. Light in general is usually A&P. I associate blue with aspects of the third vipassina jhana, but that probably isn't relevant. There is often a reality break in A&P which is similar to a cessasion/fruition, so these can be hard to tease apart without knowing what lead up to the event.

Read Daniel's write up of A&P including "standing at the ragged edge of reality" and see if that resonates. If not, it might be worth explaining in more detail. 
David Crump, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 1:09 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 1:09 PM

RE: non- sensory?

Thanks, very helpful. It was'nt just blue light, it was blue everything, that was just the vestiges though, the 'ragged edges' as 'I' came out of whatever it was. it's really difficult to articulate this but I hadn't been there. My practice at the time was fairly simple meditation, starting with the breath and then watching the mind but not interfering or getting involved. I was doing at least 8 hours a day in 4 sessions, the last session over midnight would often continue a lot longer, 3 or 4 hours, I was aiming\hoping to sit all night but then I just stopped, just lost the habit completely almost.