Magick & Euthanasia - Moral Question

thumbnail
Illuminatus, modified 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 11:25 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 11:25 AM

Magick & Euthanasia - Moral Question

This is a question for practitioners of magick who have vast knowledge and experience of the moral and karmic repercussions of magick.

Let's hypothesize a family member who has Parkinson's disease, which has led to the severest form of dementia -- they don't even know who you are any more, or anyone else for that matter. They don't know where they are, and they cannot perform the most basic actions for themselves. They can barely walk. They live in a state of permanent confusion and agitation.

They also have bowel and skin cancer -- not aggressive enough to cause swift death, but enough to cause ongoing pain and the associated comorbidities of those diseases.

Let's say they are hospitalized due to psychosis and possible infection. This is a window of opportunity for magick-assisted euthanasia at this time due to the following basic premises of magick:

- When someone is hospitalized, there is an increased expectation among onlookers that they might die.
- Many want the person's suffering to end. There are compassionate reasons for this as well as more selfish ones.
- Maybe the person wants their own suffering to end (but they are likely not lucid enough to register that on the level of conscious intent).
- Being hospitalized may trigger the assumption in the individual that they are about to die.

In other words, this is a moment when there are potentially more "Yesses" to the person's death than there are "Noes" (on the level of the intentions of the observing consciousnesses).

As a strong practitioner of magick, you can bring enough "Yesses" to the table to tilt the balance. Acting only at a distance, and never being in contact with that person, your intention alone can bring euthanasia and end that person's suffering.

Here are my questions:

- Is this ever allowed? Why/why not?

- From a karmic perspective, is this a compassionate act? Is it for the benefit of all beings?

- The compassionate reasons aside (desire to end the individual's suffering), will the selfish reasons (ending our own suffering that their condition brings) be reflected as a "karmic scar"? So, will karma bring the magick practitioner the same kind of suffering to have to sit through again because the karmic debt was not paid in full the first time due to the magickal intervention?

- What would YOU do?
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 12:45 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 12:45 PM

RE: Magick & Euthanasia - Moral Question

If all your premises are true, then it seems the moral question you pose is exactly equivalent to the moral question of whether you should go and physically cause the death yourself (e.g. by unplugging them or giving them an overdose of morphine or whatever).
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 4:43 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 4:37 PM

The answer to this is dependent on you. Not the intent but more what it generates in your reality, feelings, changes stored in your emotional body. If you proceeded with this and even if by coincidence your grandpa died (as you stated there are enough yeses that this is a probable outcome), how do you react

When your parent says we expected grandpa to live a couple of months, do you twinge with a slight remorse. Do you second guess. Does the thought "did I make the right decision" ever occur. Do you take full responsibilty for the outcome of your magic act or do you let go and never think of it again. Notice how the outcome is also tied to the belief in self and the suffering that goes with this view.

The fact that you are asking for an answer leans more to you will accept that there will be a karmic debt that you will have to account for. No matter how small the reaction the ripple may grow into a wave.

What if you prayed to god or kuan yin to alleviate their suffering, how does that change your karmic debt if the outcome is perceived what you asked for

How does it change how you feel about karmic debt if it were a dog or cat
thumbnail
Illuminatus, modified 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 4:56 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 4:56 PM

Thanks Jeff... those were exactly the worries I had. :\

The man I knew has gone completely and there's just this lurching empty shell that is SOMEHOW still alive. I feel death would be compassionate. Yet if it happened and I believed I had had a hand in it, I am not sure what that would do to me psychologically.
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 5:04 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/29/14 5:04 PM

you can also cultivate the brahmavihāras and dedicate it to aleviate their suffering.

but again this is all dependent on our own beliefs

may you's both find peace
take care
Jeff

Breadcrumb