Rainbow Body

grant, modified 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 8:28 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 8:28 AM

Rainbow Body

I read onetime that in the rainbow body you can go wherever  your compassion takes you, do you think this includes the various heavens
aswell? like would it be possible to go to a heaven after you attain a rainbow body like the western pureland or tusita ect. and what about
shangrala? where is it do these people go after they attain the rainbow body because if you'll be in it till the end of samsara that may be longer than the life of this planet or even all of them maybe the end of samsara will come in a completely different life cycle.

Now I've read about the new age idea of light bodies and it makes me think of a place where ascended people go to that is not accessable to others, i dunno just seems as though if you ascend you cant be seen by everyone else only the ones you have karmic ties with and they will eventually die thats another thing when your all light and no physical tissue will you be able to see hear and smell ect? wouldnt you need to be able to hear in order to helpo people you have to know whats going on right? i had a dream i did the great transfer and when i was all light i couldnt hear everything was on a different wavelength...

so what do all these people that have gone through the great transfer do exactly? do they abide on earth the whole time or do they find a more permanent home? Im still in 3rd thogal and I seen a place where all those who attain the rainbow body reside is like a heaven or something but im not sure if its a real place you know these things can be illusion and maya when you think that the things you see are real.

anyhow I have a great interest in what happens after rainbow body because no one ever talks about it.
thumbnail
Howard Maxwell Clegg, modified 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 8:56 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 8:56 AM

RE: Rainbow Body

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I think this is more of a metaphor, than an attainable state. A very useful metaphor but a metaphor none the less. Probably.
grant, modified 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 9:26 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 9:26 AM

there are monks and lamas ect that dissolve there bodies Ive seen the pictures of the enfant sized body wrapped up its real not a metaphor
your mistaken
thumbnail
Howard Maxwell Clegg, modified 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 10:18 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/23/14 10:18 AM

My bad.
J Adam G, modified 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 12:15 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 12:15 PM

This is a deep concentration state. It would require extensive concentration practice on retreat. When your mind is flexible and powerful enough that intentions naturally beget results without interference, this sort of phenomenon occurs. Treat it as you'd treat any other out of body experience.
grant, modified 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 12:25 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 12:25 PM

I guess being that You have a rainbow body you would be able to go anywhere thats what I thought, making a visit to heaven possible I mean we gotta have faith right I mean buddha went to heaven to teach and his mother was there so hmm I never thought of that ok thanks
T DC, modified 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 12:35 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 12:35 PM

That sounds like a very interesting dream!  I myself am somewhat confused about rainbow body.  It seems hard to know what exactly must be done in order for it to occur.  There are there several different types, such as the type in which the body shrinks, and the type in which the bod dissolves leaving only hair and nails, and then there is the type supposedly realized by padmasambava in which it occured during life not after death.

It seems like those who realize it have a clear idea that they will realize it, and before their death they go to solitary places.  How do they know?  I personally am highly realized, but I have no idea about rainbow body!  Supposedly it occurs because the body is fully purified, but in my experience progression occurs endlessly.

Another question regarding the mechanics of it; I have heard a story of a monk or nun in the process of attaining rainbow body, their body dissolving into light, when students broke into their retreat to get bodily relics, stopping the process before completion.  This might imply some deep concentration of mind involved, a deep meditative state?  In other practitioners, tukdom (retreating to the heart after death) seems to occur in a wide variety of circumstances in which the person is not in solitary retreat, such as in a hospital bed.
grant, modified 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 1:18 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 10/24/14 1:18 PM

well I think I understand the mechanics of the great transfer but im not to sure on the practice for when you die. I dont think there is much to it other than going through the bardo instructions from the tibetan book of the dead. Ive had a few dreams of the great transfer  in one of them when i was lookign at the rainbow light i was mezerized by the rainbow light and I think you have to think of that light alot and you have to emenate that light but you have to have experience with this light and using it previously I have experience with that because I do reiki and I use the 5 buddha lights to help heal myself and nuetrilize bad karma using white dharmas takes alot of concentration for that sometimes though.

This onetime I fuesed the house that im living with the 5 lights and to this day i can look and seen the walls of light. You have to know how to mold that light how to use that light how to bend it at your will because you8 have to understand how the light works before you can take on the image of it plus the grounds for it to happen have to be just right. perhaps jhana would help to get there but theres not much talk of jhanas and thodgal although I think it helps having experienced high level jhana