Message Boards Message Boards

Practice Logs

The panda is eating bamboo - practice log

Toggle
So have now started structured practice. Also partnered up with a friend so we will remind eachother to practice and talk about our progress. To get going I'm using the Headspace app and its sessions. Feels like a good way to get started when one is a beginner in mindfullness. The guided meditations instructs in bodyscanning and awareness of breath.
Currently when bodyscaning and following breath I dont feel or experience anything I would say was out of the "ordinary". Also there is allmost no thoughts, that is that little voice, also no images. Sometimes there is a warm pressure from inside the forehead pushing out and up. Like something wanting to escape. Its feels like dizziness in a way.

Also trying to practice awareness of sensations and their nuances when doing things. mainly walking outside. That is feel the wind, the pressure on the feets etc. This sometimes generates a state of smiling and laughing. No clue as to why. The other day I was doing this when on a bus and I just sat there laughing to myself. Though it was not a very crowded bus so dont think people noticed, not that it really matters. Cant let other people be ones puppetmaster. Cut those strings.

I'll be writing here when I notice changes.

PS
Panda is a nickname I have. Hence the title =).

RE: The panda is eating bamboo
Answer
11/20/14 2:20 PM as a reply to Andreas.
Currently when bodyscaning and following breath I dont feel or experience anything I would say was out of the "ordinary". Also there is allmost no thoughts, that is that little voice, also no images. Sometimes there is a warm pressure from inside the forehead pushing out and up. Like something wanting to escape. Its feels like dizziness in a way.
That's interesting... when I don't meditate for a period of time of more than 1 week, I get this. Everytime. Perhaps it's the mind getting back into the groove of paying attention.

Thanks for your commitment emoticon

RE: The panda is eating bamboo - practice log
Answer
11/22/14 5:28 PM as a reply to Andreas.
I have now joined a local Chan sangha. They have meditation sessions 3+ times a week. Once a month theres is day of 8 hours meditation and silence. Also qigong, suttra studies, movie nights and what not. Think this can work out nicely.

Answer
11/28/14 10:55 AM as a reply to Andreas.
Had strange experience when meditating today. Didnt last long. Felt a slight drop, my breathing dissappeared, the darkness behind eyes became gray and there was small patches of light floating downwards. No bodily sensations really. Strange feeling but felt nice.

Answer
12/10/14 5:14 PM as a reply to Andreas.
Other experiences that has happened sometime during meditation is light source shining when I have closed eyes. Floatiness of limbs. Like when you stand in a doorway and press the arms to the sides and then go out and they start to move upwards. That was the feeling.

I have now participated in local chan sangha mediation. Will try to make it regular though its very self-study oriented. A little noisy and lots of incence. But suppose thats good for concentration practice atleast =). Will try out the local tibethan sangha as well. They practice shine meditation andĀ Chenrezig Puja