Kundalini awakening - aligned to the progress of insight?

A TACK, modified 9 Years ago at 11/28/14 2:06 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 11/28/14 2:06 PM

Kundalini awakening - aligned to the progress of insight?

hi all. I experienced stream entry about 9 months ago and completed what i thought was 1st path according to 4 path model. I could be further along, i'm not sure, not that invested in trying to find out.

i had some helath issues which i really needed to sort out soon after finsihing that path and made a vow to really work on. stopped meditiating as just found it wasnt condusive to health - too knarly and ungrouding when trying to heal the body. the insight process really did a number on my body. i found a healing practice that works specifically to reduce sensitivies, food, chemical etc. The practice basically is changing the association to a sensitivity. so with a food issue, after/before eating evoking a postive memory/visualistion then moving the energy through the body. it worked very well for me. the idea is really basically maintaing an elevated state to rewire the brain/nervous system and allow body to heal.

recently however been having problems with this technique, body feels too full of energy, certain areas charged with energy like throat and chest and i just dont even want to move energy there, down stream issues with digestion, ectopic beats, muscle spasms, seeing more purple lights/floaters than usual, pressure in head, and a whole host of other stuff.

i'm working with someone who is very experienced with energy work and basically focusing on getting grounded and modifying the healing technique to focus on grounding rather than creating energy. my current living situaution is a little unstable with conflcits with flat mates etc which im sure doesnt help.

does this stuff sound like kundalini territorary and if so how can i move it along faster? it feels a little like early stages of a path but i'm not doing any meditating nor do i want to. Insight practice was extremely physical for me, and as much as the spacey non dual ungrounded states can be useful, i'm just not interested in that plain right now. 

I should mention obviosuly impermanace/emptyness etc is being "shown" to me from time to time, likewise i can sometimes notice when review is kicking in even when not practicing, but i chose not to focus on it.

any thoguhts appreciated.

Thanks
thumbnail
Not Tao, modified 9 Years ago at 11/28/14 4:03 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 11/28/14 4:03 PM

RE: Kundalini awakening - aligned to the progress of insight?

I've been working directly with emotions lately and I've had a lot of interesting chakra activity.  I think the energy you talk about might be suppressed emotions because I've found that if I can't let go of it, it's always been because I don't know what caused the feeling.  You can move it around all you like, but it's stuck until you feel through it and find the underlying cause.  Something that helped me was, if the feeling presented in just one area, like the head or the chest, I'd try to feel it in the head, chest, and stomach at the same time.  This tends to convert it from a pressure back into the emotion and then you can use that to brainstorm what you might be holding on to.  For me, once I figure out why the feeling is there, it fizzles out because you can allow the thought and stop pushing it away.
A TACK, modified 9 Years ago at 12/1/14 7:30 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/1/14 7:30 AM

Not Tao:
I've been working directly with emotions lately and I've had a lot of interesting chakra activity.  I think the energy you talk about might be suppressed emotions because I've found that if I can't let go of it, it's always been because I don't know what caused the feeling.  You can move it around all you like, but it's stuck until you feel through it and find the underlying cause.  Something that helped me was, if the feeling presented in just one area, like the head or the chest, I'd try to feel it in the head, chest, and stomach at the same time.  This tends to convert it from a pressure back into the emotion and then you can use that to brainstorm what you might be holding on to.  For me, once I figure out why the feeling is there, it fizzles out because you can allow the thought and stop pushing it away.
Thanks - i think you are right. As i mentioned not living in a stable place at the moment and have been trying to balance ethics/compassion and in sum didnt speak perhaps as i should have. 

Have been using the technique you mentioned and coverting the feeling back in to energy and playing with it, very powerful. thank you.
thumbnail
b man, modified 8 Years ago at 6/4/15 9:10 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/4/15 9:10 AM

how is it now, A Tack, has it changed at all?
thumbnail
Noah, modified 8 Years ago at 6/4/15 12:06 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/4/15 12:06 PM

1st kundalini=a&p
later kundalini=probably eq

Breadcrumb