Baseline non shift

Darin, modified 9 Years ago at 12/8/14 9:24 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/8/14 3:05 PM

Baseline non shift

My motivation is still strong after nearly 2 years of regular daily meditation.  For most of this year I have been sitting for about an hour in the moning and an hour in the evening.  My A & P phase was marked with frequent Kundalini like energy flashes, deep raptures and bliss.  That was many months ago.  Now there seems to be nothing special going on.  No energy flashes or raptures.  Just a gradual slide into a deep sense of calm.  The mind becomming less active.  Lots of long forgotten memories floating like bubbles up into my awareness.  I switch between concentration practice and noting.  There was a short phase where some fear and anxiety seemed to dominate and I thought maybe I was entering into the dark night.  That phase was short lived though.  There doesn't seem to be much emotional stuff going on at all.  It's almost boring.  Not much joy, fear, anxiety.  Just an endless stream of banal and insignificant thoughts.  I wonder where I am?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thumbnail
Not Tao, modified 9 Years ago at 12/8/14 3:21 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/8/14 3:21 PM

RE: Baseline non shift

It sounds like you copied Daniel's section on equanimity right out of his book. emoticon
thumbnail
Bill F, modified 9 Years ago at 12/8/14 5:08 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/8/14 5:08 PM

RE: Baseline non shift

With only that brief description I would tend to agree with Not Tao. A practice journal here may help to give a better understanding. How's your concentration?

Breadcrumb