Liberate your senses from yourself!

P K, modified 6 Years ago at 3/8/18 2:20 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/20/14 9:00 AM

Liberate your senses from yourself!

thumbnail
Not Tao, modified 9 Years ago at 12/20/14 12:19 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/20/14 12:19 PM

RE: Liberate your senses from yourself!

Another way to do this is intentionally ignore the inner sensations that come with thinking.  Even without trying to put attention on the outer senses they will come into focus.

BTW, you've been doing this eight years?  Did it ever become effortless for you?
Banned For waht?, modified 9 Years ago at 12/21/14 7:09 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/21/14 7:09 AM

Tnx, practicing it.

Question: could i possibly cure my shortsighted eyesight, when i get more skilled at it?
Banned For waht?, modified 9 Years ago at 12/22/14 11:54 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/22/14 11:54 AM

2nd attemt to write, since 1st one got eaten up.
When i practice my practice then its like waiting till door arises and i can then walk through it to next stage. when i do my practice then there is always a sign what let me know what to do, before sign appears is merit aquiering time, i need to have preliminary for sign to appear.

What i am asking is when i do point 1, then fog rises, is it a door for 2nd point? 

To me training eyes, i can't do it differently as i do my own meditation type. So i take notes and try to understand them and do it my way.
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 9 Years ago at 12/22/14 11:57 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/22/14 11:57 AM

Sorry to hijack the thematic of your thread, Pawel. You made some claim in the past about your ability to se chakras in others. Do you still hold that claim? I'm really curious about that.
J C, modified 9 Years ago at 12/25/14 12:21 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 12/25/14 12:21 AM

Pawel, your practice sounds very interesting but I am having trouble understanding how to do it. I notice my eyes move around scanning the room, and I am also able to direct them by thinking about it... how do I stop using them and see the mind projection? I don't understand what to actually do.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 1/11/15 2:27 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/11/15 2:27 PM

Pawel,
You are one crazy genius....
I have been doing some of the same things with the visual field. Including noticing the vector quality of sight - directions and focus to create distance. This happens in thought space too.  I have been working on figuring out the boundaries of thought space as the last step needed. These boundaries I have not been able to feel but noticed I could Violate them. Your exercises violates all the boundaries....or lets say that you are "integrating the field" as Daniel says. Putting all separate things in the same space. Here is what I have been doing so far-
1Take on panoramic view - see the outside expanded doughnut of vision
2 Notice that the focus is on the outside of the doughnut and add the center back into it without taking on the focus aspect in the center....this is then truly panoramic and the eyes are doing their own thing without focus.
3 Add additional qualities to this such as sensations of you into this space....merge all the sensations into the same space
4 I also vipassanized the spaciousness feeling before I tried this. That cleaned out the overlay of ownership of the space....probably a good idea unless you are trying for the I AM stage instead of the no-self of space.

Thanks for violating the boundaries so thoroughly, It was the last piece I needed to complete my framework. I'll be typing up my framework next and try to explain it all. It might take a while...
Thanks so much,
~D
thumbnail
Jason Snyder, modified 9 Years ago at 1/15/15 8:23 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/15/15 8:22 PM

"If there are similar techniques that concentrate on the same aspects as mine and promise similar results then I would like to know them."

Thanks, I have found these instructions helpful. A technique that seems to produce a similar result for me as #1 is to look at something and then ask myself: "who sees?" or "who is looking?". This usually creates a brief non-dual space where "I" stop using my eyes to see, and instead the object just is. Maybe it's slightly different because there isn't the feeling that even my eyes are seeing on there own. There are no eyes. 
thumbnail
Nik, modified 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 10:27 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/15/15 10:27 AM

Trying this technique out. I'm on step one--- just closing my eyes and trying to imagine the room that I'm in. A question that just popped up though...

~How is it that when I close my eyes and I am imagining the space, I 'know' that the imagined object is only a piece of the 'whole room' and that I still need to visualize the rest of the room. If I'm not able to visualize the whole room at the same time, how is it that I am 'knowing'/assuming there is a whole room and what are the implications of this 'invisible concept'? This kind of knowing/remembering is kind of like when you are trying to recreate a song in your head (that you had just heard), but you somehow know that your re-creation of the song doesn't sound like the real song (but where in your head is the copy of the real song then?). 
thumbnail
Nik, modified 9 Years ago at 3/21/15 6:42 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 3/21/15 6:42 PM

Hmm okay, I guess I was a bit confused by the wording in point 2--- the whole mind projection thing being what is pleasurable.

"2. Do not try to see reality and see mind projection instead.
What you are seeing is always projection of your mind but instead of seeing it you force eyes to refresh mind contents, actualize it, make it look more detailed and real. It seems like a good idea but it is not because it is tiring to eyes and make you see unprocessed data. When you look at mind projection it have all details presented in a way that are easy to decode, they are already preprocessed and easy to operate on. Eyes can do their magic on their own and fill this projection with actual details, nothing will miss, so do not worry about accuracy, all important details will be there, even if eyes can't really see them well enough. "

I'll have to work some more with your directions. This whole thing is pretty important to me because I've been dealing with tension around my eyes and 'brain fog' for quite a while. It really lowers my quality of life. I have hope about being able to change it though because I've had a few 'clear flashes' (described on some Bates Method websites), so I know change is possible.
. Those happened about a year ago though when I was contemplating some thing that were similar to what you were describing. 

*Is your sense of smell also heightened? Mine seemed to be a lot better (and more pleasurable) during a few of my clear flashes.

Breadcrumb