the order of progress ?

thumbnail
water drop, modified 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 6:21 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 4:24 AM

the order of progress ?

I watched a video of ingram explaining the 16 nanas and many others explain it like mahasi  but im still confused - 

how long is each step ? i mean once i was told we expirence nanas all the daily life in very short moments and not in order from 1 to 16 but always jumping from stage to stage - and by another person i was told its stages you are "in" which you need to advance to

i thought that in a lets say 10 day retreat you go throw all 16 nanas  but im not so sure - and in my practice a teacher told me im advancing throw the stages and than always says im back to 1

so : how long is each step ? is there steps i can "fall" from back to 1 ? is it the more i go throw the cycle the better ? i read here as if DN can last years ? ect ect

any clearfication on this subject even partially is welcomed every added piece of info is good
Banned For waht?, modified 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 5:28 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 5:28 AM

RE: the order of progress ?

generally if your life sucks = dark night
if you feel happy despite your life is still the same(sucks) as in dark night = you have overcome darknight and already moving towards another peak of dark night

idea is to see dark night passing away itself and replaced with blissful relief. Cessation of suffering, 3rd noble truth.

if people say they have been on dark night years, then they haven't noticed occassional happy moments or just don't remember them. Alcohol addicts circle too same way, but the difference is they don't have knowledge of "passing away and arising", "mind and body" etc.
thumbnail
water drop, modified 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 5:43 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 5:43 AM

intersting - good post  -

the more people add pieces of information like this the better
Banned For waht?, modified 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 6:02 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/17/15 6:00 AM

use kindergarten logic and you are well ahead. Things have literal meanings, no deeper levels, that makes them deep.

Like hmm i haven't noticed before i have fingers. Same way it is with "wow i have mind and also body". You don't pinpoint to the knowledge by yourself, but you need to wait till the knowledge arises by itself!

there probably is tricks for knowledge to rise faster but it depends on your ability what you develop by yourself over time.